Lubbock Hotels

Moobs

Their prices and availability are crazy out there.  $370 a night for a Holiday Inn Express and many hotels are already full if you're looking to head out there for the UNT game.  I was really looking forward to heading out there for that game, but I'm not so sure right now.

• Upvote 1

Stay in Post or Slaton and drive in.  If you just need a bed and shower for a night or two, you'll save a lot of money.  We were in Lubbock for Tech graduation and stayed in Slaton at Knight's Inn for less than $100.

It's not the Ritz-Carlton, but...

Edited by LongJim
  • Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Cooke County Kid said:

My daughter graduated from Tech, they always jack up the hotel prices for anything that was related to Tech.  It is ridiculous. 

Hotels in Denton do the same thing, saw that when we visited for a game last fall, prices were jacked up easily 50%

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, untbowler said:

Hotels in Denton do the same thing, saw that when we visited for a game last fall, prices were jacked up easily 50%

Yup I can attest to this as well.  My girlfriend's best friend wanted to come into town for the Cal game as he graduated from there.  We were looking at $300 plus for average Holiday Inn type motels and the fancy places like the Embassy Suites were all book up.

3 hours ago, DentonTechsan said:

Snyder is a good option straight along US 84 with almost every mid-tier brand just over an hour southeast and on the way back via I-20.

If you are driving from DFW, that would make sense and be a good option.  Not so much if you are driving out of Denton.

Edit: For the person this confused, driving from Denton to Lubbock on I20 is way out of the way. Look it up. 

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

• 1 month later...
19 minutes ago, Army of Dad said:

For the love of God, no matter how many hotels/motels sell out do not under any circumstances stay at the Red Roof Inn in Lubbock. 

Crap I reserved there with no refund.  Details to watch out for?  I went cheap and got a $49 rate.

Edited by Tom McKrackin
  • Haha 2
  • Puking Eagle 1

We booked sometime a few weeks ago and it was $548 for two nights at Home 2 Suites on the Hilton app.

Honestly it's no better or worse than some of the prices for hotels at our other away game cities.  Two nights at the Hampton Inn in Hattiesburg, especially if it was their homecoming weekend, would regularly be $600 back when we were in CUSA.  Have you ever tried to stay two nights in Ruston? $550 to $650 at that Courtyard during most of our weekends there.

Being a college football fan has never been cheap.  

28 minutes ago, Matt from A700 said:

I would think we could get a good showing to the Tech game, better than Arky in 2018. Who here would be interested in staying at the same place if a group discount could be acquired at a reasonable hotel?

Me

• Upvote 1