QB commit - Chandler Morris - transfer from TCU

On 1/16/2024 at 9:53 AM, SMU2006 said:

Chandler is a good kid and super tough.  UNT is a great fit for him.  Hope he can stay healthy and upright.

One of the toughest QB I have seen play for the Eagles was Todd Dodge's son. He was undersized , took a lot of hits, and played hurt throughout  his career.  He left UNT when his father was fired , transferred to either McNeese or NE La. [don't remember which] ,and I don't think played much afterwards.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

So, as of now, just speculation. I would hope Chandler would be upfront with our staff about his intentions, but the waiting to sign bothered me a bit. 

I didn’t think transfers signed. My understanding is they just enroll.

• Upvote 5

19 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

So, as of now, just speculation. I would hope Chandler would be upfront with our staff about his intentions, but the waiting to sign bothered me a bit. 

12 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

I didn’t think transfers signed. My understanding is they just enroll.

Transfers do not sign. "Offical" is once they enroll and start classes. 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, GMG_Dallas said:

Trivia question: Since Chandler Morris has been in college, his father has coached at Auburn, South Florida, and Clemson. Which of these schools did Chandler Morris attend while his father coached there?

Very good point. However all those schools were far from his home base. Additionally, TxSt lost its starter and proposed transfer replacement. They are in the market and playing for daddy has to be something he would consider to close out his career.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, 97and03 said:

Very good point. However all those schools were far from his home base. Additionally, TxSt lost its starter and proposed transfer replacement. They are in the market and playing for daddy has to be something he would consider to close out his career.

Regarding starting QBs, USF had no set starting QB when Chad Morris was there. Two or three guys started at different points and as a result, they went 1-11. The home base thing is irrelevant in my opinion. If you consider DFW the home base, San Marcos is a 3 hour drive away. Not something you can easily do during football season. The starting job is his to lose at UNT. I don't think Texas State is all of a sudden on the radar because they hired his dad. Isn't his dad a wide receiver coach by trade anyways? What bearing would he have on the starting QB?

1 minute ago, GrandGreen said:

How did u come up with that number?

I assume you read someone's post, but how likely is it to be accurate?

That is what they offered Chandler Morris. He had another 6 figure Mountain West offer but it came with a car as well. It came directly from Chandler. I am fairly confident it is accurate. 

• Upvote 5
  • Oh Boy! 1