QB commit - Chandler Morris - transfer from TCU

7 minutes ago, greenminer said:

TCU went with Seals because Morris left.

And we went with Morris because Rogers left. So what’s your point?

A year removed from the National Championship game, TCU wasn’t short on options to replace Morris. Sonny & Briles could have gone with numerous other QBs in the portal but chose Seals above the others. 

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 2

31 minutes ago, greenminer said:

TCU went with Seals because Morris left.

Remember, this is GMG.com - There will be those who always want to believe the ones we have are not quite good enough, and the ones that got away would have been the difference makers. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

On 1/13/2024 at 8:21 PM, herewego said:

I just don't understand the excitement on this pick up. 

You really going to throw that out there with absolutely no supporting documentation?  At least give us your reasons why or get the hell out of here with that.

Merrell Twins GIF by AwesomenessTV

• Upvote 2
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 1

18 hours ago, C Rod said:

TCU chose Ken Seals with two years of eligibility left. 

I hope we made the right choice. I’ll be rooting for both Chandler and Ken next year. 

IMG_2853.jpeg

Tcu didn't choose seals over Morris. Morris left 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, p_phelps said:

Tcu didn't choose seals over Morris. Morris left 

I never said they did. You’re inferring something I did not say.

What I did say was that TCU chose Seals with two years of eligibility left and that I hope we made the right decision. I’ll be rooting for both next year. 

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, C Rod said:

I never said they did. You’re inferring something I did not say.

What I did say was that TCU chose Seals with two years of eligibility left and that I hope we made the right decision. I’ll be rooting for both next year. 

22 minutes ago, C Rod said:

If that’s what you read, then you read my response wrong. 

Hey Chris, I think the confusion is rooted in your original post, in response to 3nOut.  It reads like an answer to his question.

For North Texas, it's a new year with a new Chandler at quarterback. Eric Morris lost the pilot of the American Athletic Conference's second-ranked passing offense when Chandler Rogers transferred to Cal. He might've just replaced him with former TCU signal caller Chandler Morris.

Morris, who captained Highland Park to the 2018 Class 5A DI State Championship, announced his commitment to the Mean Green on Saturday. Morris began his college career at Oklahoma in 2020 before playing three seasons at TCU. He'll have two seasons of eligibility as a graduate transfer.

Morris, the son of former SMU and Arkansas head coach Chad Morris, earned Big 12 Offensive Player of the Week honors in his first-career start in 2021 when he compiled 531 yards of offense in a thrilling win over Baylor. He entered the 2022 season as the starter, but an MCL sprain in week one allowed Max Duggan to take a stranglehold on the starting job and lead TCU to the national championship. 

Tabbed starter once again in 2023, Morris led TCU to a promising 3–1 start. But TCU suffered a back-to-back skid against West Virginia and Iowa State. Then, Morris again sustained a sprained MCL that sidelined him for multiple weeks. Redshirt freshman quarterback Josh Hoover took over, and the Horned Frogs stuck with him after Morris healed. Morris finished the year with 1,532 passing yards, 12 touchdowns and five interceptions.  

Morris will battle Stone Earle for the North Texas starting job over the offseason. Eric Morris named Earle North Texas's starter to open 2023 before Rogers was inserted into the lineup after an 0–2 start. The Birdville alum announced his transfer to Abilene Christian after the season ended, but quickly opted to return to North Texas. 

read more:  https://www.texasfootball.com/article/2024/01/15/former-tcu-quarterback-chandler-morris-transfers-to-north-texas?ref=article_preview_img

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Eye Roll 1

12 hours ago, Wag Tag said:

Watch the bowl game and then tell me Morris can’t play. 

Maybe he could play but my point which I will not waiver from is that the 2016 team played better with Mason at the helm than they did with Alec.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

Maybe he could play but my point which I will not waiver from is that the 2016 team played better with Mason at the helm than they did with Alec.

Who cares about 2016. Mason red shirts gets bigger and stronger (167lbs) then he has and extra year, but actually 2 because of Covid. Maybe Mason could have been our Frank Harris. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, 3_n_out said:

Who did you have in mind that we could’ve gotten in your opinion?

In my opinon - Diego Pavia - CUSA Player of the Year 

Took New Mexico State to new heights and also pull an upset on Auburn at their house. Nothing phases him and he's super competitive. 

Edited by Big Z
  • Upvote 2
  • Puking Eagle 2

3 minutes ago, Big Z said:

In my opinon - Diego Pavia - CUSA Player of the Year 

Took New Mexico State to new heights and also pull an upset on Auburn at their house. Nothing phases him and he's super competitive. 

Honestly, I didn’t know much of Pavia until the mentions from this forum. His intangibles definitely sound intriguing with the production to match. I guess the bright side is that we would have Chandler Morris, potentially, for two years. 

2 hours ago, cousin oliver said:

For North Texas, it's a new year with a new Chandler at quarterback. Eric Morris lost the pilot of the American Athletic Conference's second-ranked passing offense when Chandler Rogers transferred to Cal. He might've just replaced him with former TCU signal caller Chandler Morris.

Morris, who captained Highland Park to the 2018 Class 5A DI State Championship, announced his commitment to the Mean Green on Saturday. Morris began his college career at Oklahoma in 2020 before playing three seasons at TCU. He'll have two seasons of eligibility as a graduate transfer.

Morris, the son of former SMU and Arkansas head coach Chad Morris, earned Big 12 Offensive Player of the Week honors in his first-career start in 2021 when he compiled 531 yards of offense in a thrilling win over Baylor. He entered the 2022 season as the starter, but an MCL sprain in week one allowed Max Duggan to take a stranglehold on the starting job and lead TCU to the national championship. 

Tabbed starter once again in 2023, Morris led TCU to a promising 3–1 start. But TCU suffered a back-to-back skid against West Virginia and Iowa State. Then, Morris again sustained a sprained MCL that sidelined him for multiple weeks. Redshirt freshman quarterback Josh Hoover took over, and the Horned Frogs stuck with him after Morris healed. Morris finished the year with 1,532 passing yards, 12 touchdowns and five interceptions.  

Morris will battle Stone Earle for the North Texas starting job over the offseason. Eric Morris named Earle North Texas's starter to open 2023 before Rogers was inserted into the lineup after an 0–2 start. The Birdville alum announced his transfer to Abilene Christian after the season ended, but quickly opted to return to North Texas. 

read more:  https://www.texasfootball.com/article/2024/01/15/former-tcu-quarterback-chandler-morris-transfers-to-north-texas?ref=article_preview_img

Thanks for sharing. Might want to cut down the amount of the article you copy and paste. 

• Upvote 2
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Downvote 2