Are we not signing a transfer QB?

meangreenfaninno

2 hours ago, GMG_Dallas said:

Something to remember with DL is we also have last year's class who will be in their second season at UNT, including Alobwede (DL), Keith Smith (DL), Rodney Green (DL), and Marcus Moore (DL). Alobwede and Moore both saw some playing time and Smith will be a redshirt freshman. I think we had 1 DL leave through the portal, being Chris Wright who has barely played, and 1 graduate being Mazin Richards. While I'm sure an "impact" DL transfer is being sought out, I'd imagine they're being cautious about who they go after because there's not as much of a need for depth at that position as we think. A big transfer, however, should always be welcomed.

I think we're set at OL. I'd imagine QB is the focus as well as any potential big transfers who come available late.

Have to find a DL that requires a double team. Size would be nice.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

Have to find a DL that requires a double team. Size would be nice.

From the 2023 roster:

Alobwede 6'5" 266, Smith 6'2" 255 as a true freshman, Green 6'3" 260, Moore 6'00" 300.

DL losses: Wright 6'3" 230, Richards 6'1" 240, and maybe Kadren Johnson who was also a senior at 6'1" 242.

Should have more size. Now just need them to take the next step their second years in the system. 

• Upvote 5

10 minutes ago, Glory to the Green said:

Cal offered, too. Not sure if proximity to his brother is a factor.   I think he’d be a really good pickup for us. 

would be hilarious if he signs with Cal, then see Rogers and family cry because he is not gifted the starting job and then moves onto another school

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 4

5 minutes ago, jtm0097 said:

I'm sure they would take him back. However, I'm sure it will be hard for the locker room to take him back.

In this day and age of "it's all business" you would probably have many in the locker room take him back hoping they can help put them in a situation to be able to move on and hopefully get a Payday

• Upvote 7
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 1

14 hours ago, 3_n_out said:

When is the actual deadline for the winter portal?

Also, if there is a HC change (like NMSU)

the Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS) offers a 30-day window for players to enter the transfer portal after a coaching change.

Edited by El Paso Eagle
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1