Breaking: North Texas lands 2 HUGE Commitments on D

TheReal_jayD

3 hours ago, Matt from A700 said:

Those who have defended Caponi have said he doesn't have the guys he needs yet. Did Caponi recruit this guy before leaving Iowa State?

https://247sports.com/article/signing-day-iowa-state-linebacker-flip-200997632/

247 article he mentions the LB coach, but I'm sure Caponi had a hand in it.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, jtm0097 said:

2 more committed today. We flipped La Tech WR commit Mason Ferguson. Also, former Argyle/TCU TE/OL Jasper Lott has decided to transfer here. I believe his Dad has a link to the football program.

We lost a few WRs and have brought in so much more with the portal/commits. I think outside guys saw how electric this offense was and they want in

• Upvote 5
  • RV 1

18 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Jasper's Dad, John, played at Denton High and North Texas.  He would have been in school from '83 - '86.  I think he played briefly with the Steelers and has been an NFL strength coach for years.  You have probably seen him running the bench press at the combine.  Jasper's grandfather, John's Dad, was Dr. Lott that taught Anatomy/Physiology at North Texas forever and was famous for being an incredibly tough professor.  I dreaded taking his classes, but am thankful to this day that I had him.

Jasper is 6'5" and weighs 295 lbs.  He was a three star - .8652 rated recruit out of Argyle HS that signed with TCU.  He also had offers from Houston, W VA, Auburn, Arkansas, Virginia, smu, Ole Miss, Missouri, Purdue, Pitt, MN, TX Tech, OK St., LSU, CO and Vandy.

https://247sports.com/player/jasper-lott-46054030/

It's coming back full circle, I love it. Thanks for the information!

• Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Jasper's Dad, John, played at Denton High and North Texas.  He would have been in school from '83 - '86.  I think he played briefly with the Steelers and has been an NFL strength coach for years.  You have probably seen him running the bench press at the combine.  Jasper's grandfather, John's Dad, was Dr. Lott that taught Anatomy/Physiology at North Texas forever and was famous for being an incredibly tough professor.  I dreaded taking his classes, but am thankful to this day that I had him.

Jasper is 6'5" and weighs 295 lbs.  He was a three star - .8652 rated recruit out of Argyle HS that signed with TCU.  He also had offers from Houston, W VA, Auburn, Arkansas, Virginia, smu, Ole Miss, Missouri, Purdue, Pitt, MN, TX Tech, OK St., LSU, CO and Vandy.

https://247sports.com/player/jasper-lott-46054030/

Lifer, do you know if TCU recruited him as a TE or lineman?