Cal lands North Texas QB transfer Chandler Rogers

cousin oliver

North Texas quarterback transfer Chandler Rogers is head to Cal, he tells 247Sports. Rogers is a graduate transfer with one remaining year of eligibility.

Rogers was one of the most productive quarterbacks in the FBS this season. He passed for 3,382 yards and 29 touchdowns against five interceptions while completing 62.2% of his passes. Rogers finished in the top 10 nationally in passing touchdowns and the top 20 in passing yards.

The 6-foot, 195-pound Texas native came to North Texas during the offseason from ULM, where he spent the 2022 campaign as the starter. Rogers finished that year with 2,403 yards and 15 touchdowns while completing 67.7% of his passes.

Rogers told 247Sports last week that he'd heard from from Cal, Arizona State, Syracuse, Illinois, Indiana, TCU, South Carolina, Washington, Washington State, Houston, East Carolina, Tulane and Troy, among others, in his transfer process.

read more: https://247sports.com/article/transfer-portal-cal-lands-north-texas-qb-transfer-chandler-rogers-222879321/

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

"It’s a roller coaster honestly, you have your highs and lows," Rogers said. At the same time when you get to the destination that I would like to get, which is the NFL, it’ll all be worth it. A lot growing pains throughout the process. You get to see the business side of college football, a lot of people don’t realize the situation you’re going through until you get there because they show and tell you what you want to hear. When you’re actually there is when you begin to realize the situation you’re in.”

I'll sum it up. Tampering started and I was offered $$$. 

https://www.si.com/college/cal/news/cal-nil-1-million

Yammering Blah Blah Blah GIF by The Internet

Edited by jtm0097
  • Upvote 4
  • Confused 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Puking Eagle 3

36 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Just wondering how long it will take some of you to move on from CR? Will we have to see every online story reposted? He, by his choice, is no longer here. The occasional update is ok, but please we do not need to follow his day-to-day life on the Mean Green Football forum.

For some reason it is what we do here. A lot of people on here have an ex-girlfriend complex. You should see how often TP is mentioned on the basketball forum. 

I admit, I randomly check on ex players just to see, but it isn't worth a post.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Pissed 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, jtm0097 said:

.You get to see the business side of college football, a lot of people don’t realize the situation you’re going through until you get there because they show and tell you what you want to hear. When you’re actually there is when you begin to realize the situation you’re in.”

I'll sum it up. Tampering started and I was offered $$$. 

https://www.si.com/college/cal/news/cal-nil-1-million

Yammering Blah Blah Blah GIF by The Internet

I read it differently, like maybe he was given the perception that he would be the day 1 starter and then Stone Earle got in the way.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

14 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Just wondering how long it will take some of you to move on from CR? Will we have to see every online story reposted? He, by his choice, is no longer here. The occasional update is ok, but please we do not need to follow his day-to-day life on the Mean Green Football forum.

People still brought up Todd Dodge and what he was up to for years…Chandler Rogers actually won half his games, so I’d expect we’ll hear about him until roughly 2035

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

16 hours ago, BigWillie said:

For some reason it is what we do here. A lot of people on here have an ex-girlfriend complex. You should see how often TP is mentioned on the basketball forum. 

I admit, I randomly check on ex players just to see, but it isn't worth a post.

Tylor Perry has a diploma from the University of North Texas, just like you.(?)  He's one of us...  Let alone being the hero of one of the 2 high points of UNT Basketball history.
Pretty sure Rogers will as well if he's expecting to play next season.   But I highly doubt Rogers gets a lot of thought around here after the new year.  He succeeded here individually, which was great for him, but his team was not a success, so he likely won't be remembered for much.

I have more of an affinity for Riley Dodge than Chandler Rogers.   Both transferred out.

• Upvote 2
  • Oh Boy! 1