North Texas Portal Entry Thread

TheReal_jayD

On 11/30/2023 at 12:14 AM, Cr1028 said:

It would be borderline criminal for anyone to tell him to pass on an opportunity like that. I know we’d all like to keep great players forever but if Chandler (or Tylor Perry for that matter) came up to me and said “I love it here and I know you love the mean green, what should I do?” I would tell them ten times out of ten that you can’t pass up an opportunity like that because it may never present itself again in your lifetime.

repulsive

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, MeanGreen22 said:

It’s an emotional time in UNT football so I get it.. but save your anger for Chandler, Jamori, or Ethan who’s stop at UNT was purely a stepping stone to get to (or back to) P5 football. Oscar is not that. 

I always sensed those guys were just stopping by. You are right, Oscar is not that. 

18 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

Freedom - the power or right to act, speak, or think as one wants without hindrance or restraint.

Your proposition is to add more hindrance/restraint (transfer restrictions) on the individual athletes participating in the NCAA. More hindrance/restraint = less freedom. Doesn’t have to be a constitutional right.

I hear what you are saying, but I think the freedom here is really the freedom to choose to play football (or at least try to play if they have the ability and desire to) at a D-1 university or not with full knowledge of the conditions that may be placed on that choice.  That freedom is not being constrained or taken away.  I don't know if placing conditions on transfer is any different than requiring the athlete to enroll in school and meet certain academic requirements as a condition of participation, for example.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, GoGreenBeans said:

Obviously I’m overreacting, but losing our promising freshman to the portal after also losing like 90% of the starting offense would be…not ideal to say the least. Straw that breaks the camels back type move 

I think we should not focus on high school kids or kids that are within a year of graduation.  I think we should focus on grad transfers and freshman/sophomore transfers that would have to sit out a year if they transferred a second time before they graduate.  

• Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

Full rebuild seemed to work for Texas State. Going to their first ever bowl game after cleaning house. 

I don't know what to think about that team.  They were all over the place this year.  Giving up 77 points to Arkansas State is pretty awful.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

I don't know what to think about that team.  They were all over the place this year.  Giving up 77 points to Arkansas State is pretty awful.

Yup, they were up and down but had some good wins. It was especially good considering their history. Point is that this can be an opportunity if done correctly. Now is the time to recruit pieces that fit your system.  image.png.cd1da8911b17aae7dca7bfdf2ec0ab26.png

• Upvote 1