What Would Be Your Perfect Game Time?

UNTLifer

1 minute ago, UNTLifer said:

Just curious what everyone's preference is for the perfect time.

It depends on the time of year. During the first few weeks, the later start times are perfect. 7:00ish.  As the temperatures cool, I like the early afternoon start times, 1:00 or there abouts. That's a difficult time for parents who have chillens who play sports on Saturdays, so maybe early evening times are better overall. Plus, it allows for a full day of tailgating.

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Just curious what everyone's preference is for the perfect time.

Flip TV the bird and pick the perfect time?!  I love it!

It is fairly obvious that games in September should NEVER start before 6 or 7pm.  Once we get into October a 2:30pm is the absolute perfect time.  No other answer should even be given thought.

2:30pm is late enough to get a good solid tailgate in, and early enough to either continue the tailgate after or head out to dinner somewhere in town.  Denton has really improved since my student days and I love the options near downtown.  Also, the more business we can send their way the more they will, in turn, support UNT. 

Edited by TIgreen01
  • Upvote 5

1 minute ago, Green Otaku said:

As someone who couldn't care less about tailgating, I've always wondered why people thought this way. What's the reason? 

We lose a lot of football games.  I've never lost a tailgate.  It's always fun.  Plus it's easy to pull my UNT friends in for a tailgate, but harder to get them into games.  So it's just a good opportunity to connect with friends and make new ones...

• Upvote 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Pissed 1
  • Eye Roll 1

3 minutes ago, TIgreen01 said:

We lose a lot of football games.  I've never lost a tailgate.  It's always fun.  Plus it's easy to pull my UNT friends in for a tailgate, but harder to get them into games.  So it's just a good opportunity to connect with friends and make new ones...

But to care more about that then the game? That's the part that always stumped me. 

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Green Otaku said:

As someone who couldn't care less about tailgating, I've always wondered why people thought this way. What's the reason? 

i only see my tailgating crew during the year at tailgates.  i like sitting around outside and shooting the shit, doing absolutely nothing.  i like talking about random things going on in their lives and the stupidity of others.  nothing i have to do or have to see.  just a chill hangout

• Upvote 5
  • Eye Roll 1

21 minutes ago, kj86 said:

7 or 7:30p for all games.  Game + tailgate doesn't take your entire day and the game doesn't end too late.

Maybe an end time of 10-11pm isn't too late if you live in Denton but for those drive several hours or even just through Dallas, that's an undesirable time to be driving on a Saturday night. Regardless, people will show up if they really want to.

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, THOR said:

i only see my tailgating crew during the year at tailgates.  i like sitting around outside and shooting the shit, doing absolutely nothing.  i like talking about random things going on in their lives and the stupidity of others.  nothing i have to do or have to see.  just a chill hangout

How many times have you done that during bye week?

• Upvote 1
  • Oh Boy! 1

5 hours ago, TIgreen01 said:

Then shut down the tailgate and get your butts into the game!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

5 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

I'm with you, @Hunter Green.  Early when it is hot, 7pm works.  As Fall weather settles in, I prefer 3pm.

On the flipside, every once in a while the 11am start is fun.  I can't believe people complain about watching NT play.  I drive 5 hours for the games.  Plan ahead, be flexible with game day and have a good time.

You're a great fan, Lifer. We need 20,000 more just like you.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, THOR said:

But for it to be more important than the game? At that point why not just have a get together at your place and avoid the hassle of getting to the game? 

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Green Otaku said:

But for it to be more important than the game? At that point why not just have a get together at your place and avoid the hassle of getting to the game? 

it isnt a hassle.  tailgating is an event you plan for, plus the crew loves the games.  games arent important to me.  also, i dont want people at my place...i dont like them that much, thus i only see them 6-7 times a year

football is the window for a university in many ways.  i was in the green brigade for 3 years in college, havent missed a home game since 06, but the game is just a game.  tailgating is about the friendships and memories in life.  the game gets people pissy/upset/complaining....i dont care for that.  i like the happiness of tailgating.

Edited by THOR
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, THOR said:

it isnt a hassle.  tailgating is an event you plan for, plus the crew loves the games.  games arent important to me.  also, i dont want people at my place...i dont like them that much, thus i only see them 6-7 times a year

football is the window for a university in many ways.  i was in the green brigade for 3 years in college, havent missed a home game since 06, but the game is just a game.  tailgating is about the friendships and memories in life.  the game gets people pissy/upset/complaining....i dont care for that.  i like the happiness of tailgating.

I guess for me I wouldn't attend or spend my time on anything I didn't care about. I'd find another thing to do if I just wanted to have a good time; a brewery, a cookout, bowling, festivals, etc. 

But I do appreciate your insight as to how others view things. 

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1