Where do we go from here?

UNTethered Eagle

Just now, Salsa_Verde said:

What kind of question is that? 😂

Anyone that comes on this board shows their support in many ways. Otherwise we wouldn’t bother coming on here. This ain’t it chief. 

Actually it is, chief. Or are you the type of fan to donate and wait for the changes you want to see? And don't assume everyone here donates or has student tickets, or we'd see that reflected in attendance numbers and total donations.

• Upvote 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Downvote 8
  • Puking Eagle 2

This isn't YMCA football and the players aren't our kids. We don't have to keep things positive and bring them orange slices and Gatorade.

Everybody here has proven we support our school win or lose. Or more accurately, win or lose and lose and lose again and lose so bad winning doesn't even seem possible.

The coaches and players aren't proud of that performance. I'll show pride when there's something to be proud of.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, rcade said:

This isn't YMCA football and the players aren't our kids. We don't have to keep things positive and bring them orange slices and Gatorade.

Everybody here has proven we support our school win or lose. Or more accurately, win or lose and lose and lose again and lose so bad winning doesn't even seem possible.

The coaches and players aren't proud of that performance. I'll show pride when there's something to be proud of.

This is the key takeaway from everyone - that my stance is be happy. Which it is not. And yes, you always stand tall and stay proud. Or at least I do. That is how we maintain the courage to change. 

Edited by UNTethered Eagle
  • RV 2
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 1

Look, what we saw yesterday was awful. The talent level is what it is. This coaching staff is trying to improve that. Remember middle of the road returners (generalizing the overall talent) and improved incoming class. But when you are returning most of your o-line (who were good last year) and your best overall position group (RB’s) you can’t end up with 40 something yards!!!! Period. That is a coaching problem. 

Our coaches have been great drawing in skill position talent and impressed with their energy but wow— they didn’t have the team ready and couldn’t or didn’t make adjustments. This was more of a coaching issue to me. 

Cal brought in over 40 new players and had many return from injury that didn’t play last year on the D-line. They were better than expected on both lines. Add in the fact that maybe Mike B. was way better than we all thought (we knew he was good but dang). Without him our run game was 💩 and theirs was on 🔥

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TheColonyEagle said:

If they win I’m gonna be happy and support the team. 

if they lose I’m gonna piss and moan and support the team. 

How’s that? 

That is fine. You do you. But it is a lot of hot air and energy to do literally nothing. 

Personally, if I was as mad as others are, donate and attend like I do, and have the football iq they have (being serious) I'd say or do something about it. 

But it is pretty clear to expect the same product next time if you say nothing to the people who provided it. 

I understand being upset, but this is a little ridiculous imo. 

4 minutes ago, UNTethered Eagle said:

That is fine. You do you. But it is a lot of hot air and energy to do literally nothing. 

Personally, if I was as mad as others are, donate and attend like I do, and have the football iq they have (being serious) I'd say or do something about it. 

But it is pretty clear to expect the same product next time if you say nothing to the people who provided it. 

I understand being upset, but this is a little ridiculous imo. 

I stopped being mad about this football program a long time ago 

• Upvote 2
  • RV 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, TheColonyEagle said:

I stopped being mad about this football program a long time ago 

Same here. And I didn't necessarily mean you specifically being mad. But this forum definitely got heated.

Really UNT and UNT athletics does depend on the people of this forum. we ARE the diehards that bleed green. So if they piss you/anyone off then you/they should do something about it.

Apparently I'm an outlier with that opinion.