Where do we go from here?

UNTethered Eagle

1 hour ago, UNTethered Eagle said:

Same here. And I didn't necessarily mean you specifically being mad. But this forum definitely got heated.

Hard to not get mad when you're sitting in 95+ degree weather and repeatedly watch the other team go for it on 4th and short and go for 2 point conversions because they don't respect your defense because you let them run in a 26 yard TD on 4th and 2. I tried yelling at them to wrap up but I guess they didn't hear me.

Navy should be fun.

• Upvote 1
  • Oh Boy! 1

3 hours ago, UNTethered Eagle said:

Now that everyone has lost their minds and gone scorched earth on the forum, one questions remains to be answered.

What are YOU going to do about it?

Have a terrible attitude for the rest of the season? Play "I told you so" the whole tome? Or are you going to have some pride and support our student athletes?

noticebeatings1.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=725b3

We live in the age of the portal. There is no excuse for this type of embarrassment. If Texas State can effectively utilize the portal, then Morris damn well better be able to haul in even better talent. And, don't expect the fan base to tolerate failure. Those days are over. Win. No excuses. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1
  • RV 1

2 minutes ago, Side.Show.Joe said:

noticebeatings1.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=725b3

We live in the age of the portal. There is no excuse for this type of embarrassment. If Texas State can effectively utilize the portal, then Morris damn well better be able to haul in even better talent. And, don't expect the fan base to tolerate failure. Those days are over. Win. No excuses. 

Agreed, and understood. Definitely not here to tell people to tolerate losing. However, if we are 15 threads mad, action should be taken. That is my opinion and mo, so I get it if others want to watch and expect better.

16 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

Hard to not get mad when you're sitting in 95+ degree weather and repeatedly watch the other team go for it on 4th and short and go for 2 point conversions because they don't respect your defense because you let them run in a 26 yard TD on 4th and 2. I tried yelling at them to wrap up but I guess they didn't hear me.

Navy should be fun.

Again, never said people should not be mad. But if people are bug mad they should do something about it. Especially if they are in 95+ degree heat and paying/donating.

1 minute ago, UNTethered Eagle said:

Again, never said people should not be mad. But if people are bug mad they should do something about it. Especially if they are in 95+ degree heat and paying/donating.

I'm an alum and have had my season tickets at DATCU since it opened against Houston in 2011. I'm not some t-shirt fan. 

• Upvote 1

Well, given what I saw yesterday, we go from thinking we might have a 6-7 win team to hoping we can at least beat FIU and ACU.

This will be a long season ... and I don't see what we can do other than continue giving, attending, and supporting.  The coaches have to find players that can compete.  Yesterday was one of the starker realizations that our players are simply not close to being at the same level as lower P5 (or upper G5).  We are small and slow in comparison.

Not sure if our coaching staff is either... but again, I can't change who Coach Morris brings in to run this circus.