This Honeymoon just got shorter

TheColonyEagle

I’m not talking about Eric Morris. I’m talking about Jared Mosley. 

Before I get the “it’s one game” I KNOW IT’S ONLY ONE GAME. And no I’m not saying FIRE JARED MOSLEY!” That’s dumb. And I know he can’t coach

BUT ultimately he is in charge of all things athletics for UNT. Again, I know it’s one game, but if that wasn’t 73 points to OU bad it was close….EVERYTHING went wrong yesterday and I don’t know how you make our defense grow in one week  

Morris is Mosely’s hire. He’s responsible. He has to be held to the same standard that ADs before him were. (Or should’ve been) I’ll give him a little bit of a break since our last AD that no one was allowed to criticize hauled ass and didn’t want to deal with our last football coach. But the Buck now stops with Mosley. If Morris crashes and burns, that’s on the current AD. 

Still a lot of football left…..but I’d be a little nervous if I were the AD. We come back from FIU 0-2 and Datcu Stadium will be empty for the rest of the season….this game is actually really important  

When are we starting that fancy new weight room? We got the money yet? 

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 2

1 minute ago, TheColonyEagle said:

I’m not talking about Eric Morris. I’m talking about Jared Mosley. 

Before I get the “it’s one game” I KNOW IT’S ONLY ONE GAME. And no I’m not saying FIRE JARED MOSLEY!” That’s dumb. And I know he can’t coach

BUT ultimately he is in charge of all things athletics for UNT. Again, I know it’s one game, but if that wasn’t 73 points to OU bad it was close….EVERYTHING went wrong yesterday and I don’t know how you make our defense grow in one week  

Morris is Mosely’s hire. He’s responsible. He has to be held to the same standard that ADs before him were. (Or should’ve been) I’ll give him a little bit of a break since our last AD that no one was allowed to criticize hauled ass and didn’t want to deal with our last football coach. But the Buck now stops with Mosley. If Morris crashes and burns, that’s on the current AD. 

Still a lot of football left…..but I’d be a little nervous if I were the AD. We come back from FIU 0-2 and Datcu Stadium will be empty for the rest of the season….this game is actually really important  

When are we starting that fancy new weight room? We got the money yet? 

It's concerning. But I certainly hold the HC accountable after a game than I do the AD. 

I like the premise of your post. The world of showing up to hot dog and cheese machine athletic events to suck off athletic administrators has to stop. We owe them nothing. We cannot let any one person destroy what Seth Littrell built. We were living in respectable mediocrity with Seth. Seth was fired and Eric was hired to propel us OUT of mediocrity, not keep us in it, and certainly not to drag us down. 

Shorten the leash. Our expectations do not need to faulter. Their performance has to improve.

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 2

Just now, RBP79 said:

Morris was a Mike Leech "Bubba" hire. It didn't work with Seth so  someone tell me why it's gonna work for Morris. The Leech "Air Raid" is past its prime....at least for NT.

I wouldn’t say it didn’t work, as we went from absolute trash to teetering on mediocrity.

I do want to know the difference between Morris’s scheme and ability to develop vs littrell. It’s clear he has more personality, but of scheme and development aren’t much different then we’re just burning money. I do understand that this is earles first ever start but that defense leaks more than the titanic 

as for judging Moseley, be patient. I’m confident in his other hires. Hodge was a no brainer and Burton knows how to program build long term (also mosely is a basketball guy as is….) I can’t judge on some of the other sports 

1 hour ago, meanJewGreen said:

I wouldn’t say it didn’t work, as we went from absolute trash to teetering on mediocrity.

I do want to know the difference between Morris’s scheme and ability to develop vs littrell. It’s clear he has more personality, but of scheme and development aren’t much different then we’re just burning money. I do understand that this is earles first ever start but that defense leaks more than the titanic 

as for judging Moseley, be patient. I’m confident in his other hires. Hodge was a no brainer and Burton knows how to program build long term (also mosely is a basketball guy as is….) I can’t judge on some of the other sports 

For Morris, I will be interested in seeing how he adjusts in-season to what just happened on the Defensive Side of the ball. If, in the nightmare scenario, the Defence continues at this level with the 3-3-5, how does he react? I'm not saying to fire the DC this early or during the season, but do we even have the coaching experience level to change if needed? I believe Eric will get us headed in the right direction; I'm just not so sure the DC will be around to experience it. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Glory to the Green said:

The game was the game, but the game day experience was MUCH improved.  He’s listening and making changes. This is what he should be doing. 

Good response!

People, I don't know who the AD at North Texas was before Hayden Fry, but I can tell you that Jared Mosley is absolutely the best AD I have seen here since Hayden Fry.  

Even though he was one of our worst hires in the history of our program, Bob Tyler, summed up our situation pretty well.

"North Texas has probably the largest alumni base in the D/FW area, they are a well-respected institution of higher learning, and they have probably the best Band in all of the Southwest (at that time that was a very true statement). Yet North Texas students and Alumni stay away from football games in droves.....What the hell is the matter with those people?"

We finally have an AD that has the best potential to not only recognize the question, but have the ability and inclination to do something about it.

So I will respond to the finger pointers as diplomatically as I can.........get off his ass! Let him do his job. And quit bitching about your wrinkled $100 bills. 

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, SilverEagle said:

Good response!

People, I don't know who the AD at North Texas was before Hayden Fry, but I can tell you that Jared Mosley is absolutely the best AD I have seen here since Hayden Fry.  

Even though he was one of our worst hires in the history of our program, Bob Tyler, summed up our situation pretty well.

"North Texas has probably the largest alumni base in the D/FW area, they are a well-respected institution of higher learning, and they have probably the best Band in all of the Southwest (at that time that was a very true statement). Yet North Texas students and Alumni stay away from football games in droves.....What the hell is the matter with those people?"

We finally have an AD that has the best potential to not only recognize the question, but have the ability and inclination to do something about it.

So I will respond to the finger pointers as diplomatically as I can.........get off his ass! Let him do his job. And quit bitching about your wrinkled $100 bills. 

image.pnghttps://x.com/mosleyj22/status/1698386703373762864?s=46&t=NF302_aIOAI3ysJWw9mToQ

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • RV 1

1 hour ago, Wag Tag said:

ISU plays with a 260lb middle linebacker, basically a stand up lineman. Ca had a lot better players than we had on all sides of the ball, and maybe at every position. The talent level has to get bigger and better. Sounds familiar?

After yesterday, there's one thing I want to see before conference play: throw in some of the freshmen and CC transfers. I'm looking at Keith Smith, Marcus Moore, and Rodney Green. All 3 bring size to the DL. Not necessarily bigger than what's in the 2 deep but if they can ball NOW, maybe our rotation stays fresh throughout the game and a 27-21 game doesn't turn into 58-21.

Same with the freshmen DBs and LBs. Do they want to tackle? Throw them in. We have 4 games before a redshirt has to be decided on. Try it now before conference play.

Edited by GMG_Dallas
  • Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, SilverEagle said:

And quit bitching about your wrinkled $100 bills. 

gtfo with that wrinkled $100 bill garbage. It’s not wrinkled $100 bills that there’s still no movement on the AC nearly a year after he was hired. Or after his football hire brought back memories of a high school coach. Or that the attendance numbers from yesterday were clearly massively inflated when the game should’ve been sold out. 

I’m also not on the fire Jared Mosley train yet either, but some of y’all pretending like there aren’t current major questions that start and end with the AD are delusional.

Edited by ColoradoEagle
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, ColoradoEagle said:

gtfo with that wrinkled $100 bill garbage. It’s not wrinkled $100 bills that there’s still no movement on the AC nearly a year after he was hired. Or after his football hire brought back memories of a high school coach. Or that the attendance numbers from yesterday were clearly massively inflated when the game should’ve been sold out. 

I’m also not on the fire Jared Mosley train yet either, but some of y’all pretending like there aren’t current major questions that start and end with the AD are delusional.

Hmmm, you call it garbage, but it's the best description of our only tradition.......bitching for it's own sake.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SilverEagle said:

Hmmm, you call it garbage, but it's the best description of our only tradition.......bitching for its own sake.

So you think expecting progress is bitching for its own sake? Or is getting embarrassed on national TV bitching for its own sake? Are we allowed to complain if we end up going 2-10 or is that still bitching for its own sake?

I’m trying to find out how low the bar is here. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1

2 hours ago, SilverEagle said:

Hmmm, you call it garbage, but it's the best description of our only tradition.......bitching for it's own sake.

I watched this new AD run off close to ten long term families on the hub club that were there from day one and all through the chaos - thick and thin people. A total of ~20+ seats in one section alone. This AD went too far and showed no nuance or loyalty. They are so full of themselves, with this "choose to commit" crap. At a certain point, enough is enough. 

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Oh Boy! 1

7 minutes ago, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

I watched this new AD run off close to ten long term families on the hub club that were there from day one and all through the chaos - thick and thin people. A total of ~20+ seats in one section alone. This AD went too far and showed no nuance or loyalty. They are so full of themselves, with this "choose to commit" crap. At a certain point, enough is enough. 

Elaborate on this....

4 hours ago, Harry said:

The timing of this sounds like he’s saying that anyone complaining about yesterday’s performance is not “people that want to see you succeed.”    

Reality check:  Most of us have “The University of North Texas”, or “North Texas State University” written on our diplomas, & only wish for “his” success because he’s employed by our Alma Mater.    
Ultimately, we could give 2 💩💩 about his success.  We want The University of North Texas to succeed!

If he’s only surrounding himself with people who are saying positive things & making excuses today, then we should expect more of the same.

Very disappointing tweet from him.

Edited by MeanGreenTexan
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

The timing of this sounds like he’s saying that anyone complaining about yesterday’s performance is not “people that want to see you succeed.”    

Reality check:  Most of us have “The University of North Texas”, or “North Texas State University” written on our diplomas, & only wish for “his” success because he’s employed by our Alma Mater.    
Ultimately, we could give 2 💩💩 about his success.  We want The University of North Texas to succeed!

If he’s only surround himself with people who are saying positive things & making excuses today, then we should expect more of the same.

Yes. Dumb and short-sighted. 

17 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

If he’s only surrounding himself with people who are saying positive things & making excuses today, then we should expect more of the same.

Well said

I mean holy crap. I can’t take another AD  with this “it’s the alumni and fans job to to their part, don’t worry about our performance.” For crying out loud this is the 3rd one of these in a row. I’m not going to be lectured by another AD. This attitude is why I STOPPED donating and told them to stick their club seats. And I’m not the only one. How can they be so full of themselves  

How about let’s don’t get blown out again. Let’s maybe do that. 

• Thanks 3
  • Eye Roll 1

For real. I thought they were placing *way* too much emphasis on "OMG WE ARE THE P6" marketing gimmick and turning a blind eye to reality. The turnout was abysmal and it cannot be attributed to weather. SMU last year was as hot and even worse conditions. 2016 SMU was similar with new coach and new attitude and expectations - it had ~25% more on game day. This is *not* about the fans. They need to look in the mirror and less about receipts and "yes men"  

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1