Thanks, it’s been fun

4 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

I wonder....

How many current ACC schools have a bigger following in Dallas right now than the "Dallas Team"

That's probably a great selling point for SMU to the ACC, their fans will have access to see their teams play and recruiting in the DFW. 

• Upvote 3
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

13 minutes ago, dodgefan said:

That's probably a great selling point for SMU to the ACC, their fans will have access to see their teams play and recruiting in the DFW. 

Great:

"your teams can come fill our stadium for us and we'll throw in a free pizza at Campisi's, it will be like a Pony Excess traveling tour"

• Upvote 5

25 minutes ago, dodgefan said:

So, it’s settled.  Don’t invite SMU to the conference, just pay them to rent out Ford Field six times a year.   The ACC saves millions and literally NOBODY will miss seeing their favorite team.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, dodgefan said:

Wasn't talking just about SMU, like I said, Memphis, UTSA and Tulane are currently making it known, they are willing to do whatever possible to get a P5 invite.

If Boise State, which has had years of success in football, cannot move up, it's hard to think that UTSA, with recent success, would get a P5 invite based on that limited success. The more significant selling point could end up being just like Dallas is perceived for SMU; there is no doubt San Antonio which many look at as a significant untapped market, is much more likely to support UTSA(even though Texas and A&M probably have a much larger following in San Antonio).

The teams that just joined the Big 12 from the American earned their way to this promotion through on-field performances and investments in their programs. SMU is attempting to be the first program of insignificant development and on-the-field success trying to buy its way into a power conference. Perhaps we should have more faith and our president and athletic director to continue building the pieces for sustainability in the future.

* Markets matter to these conferences and networks. That is why even though some of us may not like to hear it, it probably was a significant factor for us getting invited to the American was to secure a place in the market (remember there were strong indications the MWC was strongly considering inviting UNT and UTSA). That is also why I believe if SMU leaves the American if they add a team, they will use their market there as a significant contributor to inviting them.

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mustangfan said:

image.jpeg.a5a366a9cb1b6662f3ee4829d88aa87d.jpeg

Close.  Now we just laugh.  

I have a question for you.  What happened.  I thought you all were joining the PAC12 and saving the day?

Now you are talking about ACC and the BigTen are about to gobble up Florida State and Clemson, although they are both a better fit for the SEC, UNC and Louisville are being mentioned to the Big XII.  Are you really interested in a conference that will essentially be SMU and a bunch of East Coast has beens like Pitt, BC, WF, Va Tech, Syracuse, etc...?

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

It might be interesting that, believe it or not, the USF fans might be more delusional and feel entitled than SMU fans.

I live just outside Tampa and I can attest to the fact that they are “Major League” whiners.

They talk down to me about UNT when they have only won 6 or 7 games in the last 4 years.  I cannot wait to play them and beat them badly.

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Coffee and TV said:

Never noticed the sticker on the whiteboard above the kid's head: that's Northwest High in Justin. Wonder if that kid ended up at UNT or SMU. 

Looks like he's coked out so... Snow Mountain University would be my pick

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Coffee and TV said:

Never noticed the sticker on the whiteboard above the kid's head: that's Northwest High in Justin. Wonder if that kid ended up at UNT or SMU. 

I'll be damned.  You're right.  My alma mater.  

Fun fact -- they also have better attendance at their games than SMU.

northwest-isd-student-production-crew-2.jpg

D-SMU-vs-Cincinnati-102420-Bret-Redman-058-1024x683.jpg

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 3