Mean Green Live Concert Series Added for 2023

TheReal_jayD

1 minute ago, emmitt01 said:

Can I just take a moment to say "I wish the athletic department would do something to add to the pre-game atmosphere" while simultaneously saying "but here's why I'm going to nitpick any effort they put forth"?  

I want to maintain some consistency around here.  

I've been in bands, I'm going to nitpick this. I'll even to grandpa yelling at clouds level and say they did right in 1994.

• Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 1

31 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

DENTON, Texas – UNT Athletics will host Mean Green Live this fall, a series of six free pregame concerts in The Hill tailgate area surrounding DATCU Stadium, Vice President and Director of Athletics Jared Mosley announced Friday.

“We are excited to announce Mean Green Live as another enhancement to our gameday and tailgate experience for all Mean Green fans,” Mosley said. “As we continue to focus on improving the gameday fan experience, we saw this as an opportunity to partner with bands and musicians from right here in our backyard and across the country to bring more energy to pregame. We look forward to this fall and will have more additions and improvements to announce soon.”

Beginning three hours before kickoff, the concerts will be held on stage at The Hill on the east side of the stadium.

Various food and drink will also be available including Rudy’s BBQ, Kona Ice, Western Son Vodka and Revolver Brewing plus a concession stand open outside Gate 4.

Mean Green Live will begin with Jukebox Heroes prior to the season opener with Cal on September 2. A full listing of artists is available below. October 14’s Coca-Cola Showcase artist will be announced later. The artists selected this season come from a wide variety of genres.

UNT Football season tickets for the 2023 season are available through the North Texas Athletics Ticket Office now. Season tickets can be purchased anytime online or by phone at (940) 565-2527 during normal business hours and are available for as low as $80 per ticket. Payment plans are still available when purchasing season tickets. Mean Green football season ticket holders receive several exclusive benefits including access to the best seats at home, exclusive pre-sales for home, away, and postseason events, an exclusive season ticket holder gift, and more!

Can't make all the home games this year? Mini-plans and single-game tickets are available for purchase by clicking here. Don't miss out on the exciting new matchups in the first year of the American Athletic Conference including visits by Temple, Memphis, UTSA and UAB.

Fans are encouraged to arrive to DATCU Stadium at least 45 minutes prior to kickoff.  Arrival to parking lots inside of 45 minutes could result in a delayed entry into the stadium.

MEAN GREEN LIVE! SCHEDULE

Date                 Opponent        Artist

Sept. 2              Cal                   Jukebox Heroes

Sept. 30            ACU                 All the Way Live

Oct. 14             Temple             Coca-Cola Showcase Artist

Oct. 28             Memphis           VAVO Music

Nov. 4              UTSA               Extended Play

Nov. 25             UAB                 TBD

So are we betting the showcase artist is Eli Young Band? Bowling for Soup? 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, DentonLurker said:

I think cover bands are a great pick for events like this. The versatility of being able to play music across artists and genres is a good thing for a crowd that will be across the spectrum of age, interests, and backgrounds.

I'm not so sure.  DFW has an unbelievable corporate band/wedding band scene, and there is probably good reason they are never making Denton a part of their rotation of public gigs.

But maybe for an event like this?

Edited by greenminer