Breaking: Mesquite Horn OL Davion Hurth Commits to North Texas

• TheReal_jayD changed the title to Breaking: Mesquite Horn OL Davion Hurth Commits to North Texas
  • 4 weeks later...
Just now, El Paso Eagle said:

So definitely not a "hard commitment" if he is still out looking. I see nothing on his Twitter about UNT until you scroll way down. This is part of the early commitment process that sucks, especially if they don't pin/post on UNT. 

This does not mean "he is still out looking".
Picture him minding his own business in 3rd period English, and gets a call to his coaches' office to meet Memphis' OL coach.  They chat ball a while, and maybe watch some of his film.  They offer him a scholarship (knowing full-well he's already committed to us)...  He's not supposed to go talk to them (because he's already committed to us), or be proud of their offer based on his hard work?   

• Upvote 4

Just now, MeanGreenTexan said:

This does not mean "he is still out looking".
Picture him minding his own business in 3rd period English, and gets a call to his coaches' office to meet Memphis' OL coach.  They chat ball a while, and maybe watch some of his film.  They offer him a scholarship (knowing full-well he's already committed to us)...  He's not supposed to go talk to them (because he's already committed to us), or be proud of their offer based on his hard work?   

I guess I compare it to how some pin their commitments and post quite often about UNT or other players who committed. He has a lot of posts and retweets but not much about UNT. Only time will tell. 

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

At least he didn't say he was 100% committed. Tired of this crap. Guess this staff (and others) have more patience than I think I would. Between other HS players and a load of transfers that we could offer, I would be tempted to tell a player like this that we had pulled our offer.

• Confused 1
  • Downvote 1

13 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

At least he didn't say he was 100% committed. Tired of this crap. Guess this staff (and others) have more patience than I think I would. Between other HS players and a load of transfers that we could offer, I would be tempted to tell a player like this that we had pulled our offer.

Maybe Morris gave him some wires/cameras and then instructed him to get some intel?

• Haha 4

16 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Or, the staff could say take your visits to ensure you made the right decision. It’s just how kids are today.  Never really committed, listening to every line of bs from every coach out there. My advice, compare facilities as they are right now, not some promise that won’t be built until after you are gone, do you trust the coach to be honest with you, etc….

I don’t care for how they are now, but it is what it is. 

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1