2023 Roster

3 hours ago, BleedingGreen said:

Perry (pending NIL support), Jones , Scott , Sissoko , Stone , Cotton (FR.) , Abou (maybe ) , Moore , Morgan, 4 TBD 

Allo , Mattu (walkons) 

I think this roster would be very competitive!  To add, I have no insider info,  but I’m anticipating a very different roster for next year.  Not a good thing or a bad thing, just the reality of it. 

• Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Morgan has shown anything and should transfer down. Why is Perry’s return based on NIL support?  Is Eady out of eligibility?

Yes on Eady.  On Perry , it’s not officially based on NIL. UNT needs to support him is all I mean or he could leave.

Perry will leave for greener pastures.  He did what he came to d I think.  Kai is out,  Jayden is done, Eady is done, and Browne is done..

rubin, Aaron, Stone & Sissoko will be the core returners, Moore will develop, Allo should get a spot, and the rest of the bench will be deteriorating by what is found in the portal. Javon Jackson has shown interest, he’s a 6’3” jr from CE King Hs in a Houston.  We have cotton coming as of right now.  So there is room for 2-3 transfers if Hodge wants to go that route.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

8 hours ago, golfingomez said:

Assuming that everyone who CAN come back, does... Who's on the roster next year?

It’ll be Jones, Scott, Sissoko, Stone and Moore.

Replacing Perry, Abou, Kai, Eady, Martinez and Browne (if you count him for impact)

It kinda reminds me of the 19-20 pre season, we had to replace quite a bit of talent and win like crazy.

• Lovely Take 1

4 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

I would Perry leave?  He stated this was his dream school. Why not come back for one more run and see what we can do?

He’s given UNT a lot, I feel like moving on (like pro) or going to a much higher caliber school, not Tech because I doubt Mac would recruit against Hodge he’s too nice.

We will see in the next few weeks what he does, I’m certain he’s changed his mind a bit with this McCasland move from what I originally heard/thought.

18 hours ago, 2020 Sucks said:

Perry will leave for greener pastures.  He did what he came to d I think.  Kai is out,  Jayden is done, Eady is done, and Browne is done..

rubin, Aaron, Stone & Sissoko will be the core returners, Moore will develop, Allo should get a spot, and the rest of the bench will be deteriorating by what is found in the portal. Javon Jackson has shown interest, he’s a 6’3” jr from CE King Hs in a Houston.  We have cotton coming as of right now.  So there is room for 2-3 transfers if Hodge wants to go that route.

I didn't know that Perry came to NT to win a NIT championship.  

With the absolutely insane NIL status, there are very few NCAA players that can't be lured away.  So fans can worry about losing most of the team or dream of getting another team's elite player: great off season speculation.  

NT has just won the NIT, despite losing McCasland; recruiting should be a lot easier.   

It will be very interesting to most NT fans to see how Hodges handles all this turmoil. 

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

I didn't know that Perry came to NT to win a NIT championship.  

With the absolutely insane NIL status, there are very few NCAA players that can't be lured away.  So fans can worry about losing most of the team or dream of getting another team's elite player: great off season speculation.  

NT has just won the NIT, despite losing McCasland; recruiting should be a lot easier.   

It will be very interesting to most NT fans to see how Hodges handles all this turmoil. 

I would think it would a lot easier to recruit with the NIT trophy encased in the reception area.

• Upvote 2