Texas Tech is classless!

I think they’ve been holding it in as long as they could bear but we just kept on winning. This has been a done deal for over a week now. It is pretty obvious the coach they are hiring is still playing which narrows it to 6 and the name of only one of the 6 has been regurgitated by Tech fans repeatedly over the last few weeks.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, MeanGreenDan said:

At least they're waiting until after the game to announce Tylor Perry is following him 🤷‍♂️

I like TP. He's done great things here. I like a 6'1"+ pg that can create and facilitate better,  while defending at a high level. I've said this before, TP is a SG in an undersized PG body. I wish he'd stay, but if he goes I can push that waste under the bridge pretty easily. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 4

15 minutes ago, GMoney said:

Remember this the same fan base that cried like bitches when Chris Beard left them to go back to his alma mater.

Interestingly, in that same vein, it appears our fanbase (save a few zealots that have their heads in the sand) has learned from our mistake of whining/crying when the same thing nearly happened with our football coach in December of 2018.

Fly away coach.    Best wishes.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

I have a sneaking suspicion that they didn't try all that hard to prevent this news from leaking--just needed some plausible deniability for when McCasland asks their AD what the hell happened.  Oh well, we have a championship game to be excited about, and that's pretty much occupying all my attention today.

• Upvote 2

56 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

If I'm a TT fan....

Yes we're getting Grant McCasland but it appears we're getting him WITHOUT his top assistant and the guy that is responsible for the scheme and this defense. McCasland didn't bring this style in here when he first got here....they grew into this through Hodge's influence.

Of course it sucks that the bigger school with more money is getting our coach (and we did the same thing to Arkansas St who did the same thing to Midwestern State) but the biggest issue when these things happen is having to deal with a redo, new coach, new system...it usually leads to taking a step back which is bad given our move up in conferences. If Ross Hodge is the replacement.....I still like where we are as a program heading into the AAC. 

It really is a best case scenario given the circumstances.

Agree.  Someone also mentioned Grant's/Tech's buyout is $1.5M.   A nice way to pay for the beginning of the Hodge era...

Wreck Tech!

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

Equating their fanbase with the media is misplaced.  Tech is classless for other reasons than the news leak.  That said, I think we have a lot in common with them with having chips on our shoulder and familiar enemies. To me, Lubbock and its people are actually beautiful and endearing.  I’m mad about all this too but it’s a good thing for Grant, and I’ll wish them well.  

• Upvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

Deal was done a week ago. Everyone on both sides knew. Players knew. Hodge is staying. A handful of staff will leave with McCasland but at least as many will stay and work for Hodge. Announcement was supposed to be embargoed to media until after UNT's run ended. A handful of overeager local media folks weren't able to maintain the expected level of professionalism. It was handled as well as possible given the circumstances. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, greensleeves said:

Of course the local Lubbock media can't wait to report this. I lived in Lubbock for three years. There's literally nothing else to report on except maybe a dust storm that blew in. 

Price of cotton.

• Upvote 1