Grand Canyon (12/10/2022)

greenminer

11 hours ago, CMJ said:

I see that LMU won.  Did you watch it miner?

I caught a bit of it.  What stood out to me was 1) the quality of basketball in general.  I don't think they'll be pushovers.  2) Some of these guys were going at it HARD.  Like this was the last game they were ever going to play.  Maybe LM is a rival? I don't know.

GCU's fanbase is nuts. They sold out every game last season in their 7,000 seat arena, and hosted Louisville in 2015 whose coach, Rick Pitino said,

"This, in college basketball, in my 40-plus years, was the toughest crowd I've ever faced," Pitino said afterward, a message the school has now incorporated into its pregame video montage. "Whether we go to Duke, Kentucky...nothing was as tough as that environment tonight."

• Upvote 2

On 12/8/2022 at 12:15 PM, Jason Howeth said:

GCU's fanbase is nuts. They sold out every game last season in their 7,000 seat arena, and hosted Louisville in 2015 whose coach, Rick Pitino said,

"This, in college basketball, in my 40-plus years, was the toughest crowd I've ever faced," Pitino said afterward, a message the school has now incorporated into its pregame video montage. "Whether we go to Duke, Kentucky...nothing was as tough as that environment tonight."

They have a Liberty vibe to them. For-profit Christian University owned by a publicly traded parent with about 70,000 online students to go along with over 20,000 on campus.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, CMJ said:

NT 7 ------- GCU 1

15:43 to go

Nice start. but this is definitely a hostile environment.  Gonna take a really good game for us to win.

Agreed, nothing but purple in there. But we’re playing really tough defensively which isn’t giving the crowd too much to feed off of. We’ll need to give max effort the entire time to win this game.