What Say You Forum Braintrust ? Announcement for New HC by - When ?

zenhuddy

Urgency is obviously paramount but we can’t afford to pull the trigger before we comb through potential candidates and make sure we get the right fit.  
So with this being is there a chance we get an announcement before our Bowl Game ?  I guess part of this hinges on whether Wren and Jared had done much ground work ? 

• Upvote 1
  • RV 1

1 minute ago, zenhuddy said:

Urgency is obviously paramount but we can’t afford to pull the trigger before we comb through potential candidates and make sure we get the right fit.  
So with this being is there a chance we get an announcement before our Bowl Game ?  I guess part of this hinges on whether Wren and Jared had done much ground work ? 

I’m not in the know, but we should be able to find our guy by the bowl. That’s two weeks!  We’re the top G5 opening in the country. No excuses. Find the coach to take us to the next level. 

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, zenhuddy said:

If we don't have a coach by the bowl game then this search has been a total disaster. Needs to be early next week, at the latest. 

• Upvote 3

Pretty sure that everyone UNT's leadership likes has already been engaged/interviewed, and all other candidates that waited until after the opening was official to apply are already in (it's been 2.5 days now!).   

Now it's time to conduct final interviews, nail down the one you want, & negotiate $$.   Neal will be heavy-handed, as will guys like GBR & DL.   Wren has already chimed-in on the first batch (guys they've already been in contact with pre-SL-firing), and may likely give input on others who applied Sunday night - this morning.   Mosley will also be involved.

I would imagine we'll know the guy by this weekend, possibly Friday.   That new guy will introduce himself to the team, and be in attendance for the bowl game, but the next 2 weeks will still be the existing staff prepping-for & coaching the game.  The new guy should not be a part of it (remember the utter disaster SMU's Frisco Bowl was when Dykes was brought on & decided to coach?).

• Skeptical Eagle 1

4 minutes ago, 2020 Sucks said:

AD first.  HC after the bowl loss.

Would think that Mosley will be given a shot to show what he can do. Let's see how he does.

15 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

Goodbye early signing period if this is true.

Even if Seth was retained, do you think our big splash was going to be in the early days of the signing dates or portal windows?

19 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

In the past Seth signed the majority of his class in the early period if I remember correctly

But with the limited number of slots this year (and this is my guess) they would have keep trying to find the best players that slipped through. Could be wrong.

Have there been any early commits that have backed out since the announcement?

Edited by El Paso Eagle
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

But with the limited number of slots this year (and this is my guess) they would have keep trying to find the best players that slipped through. Could be wrong.

Have there been any early commits that have back out since the announcement?

NO!   And that's encouraging that the guys who committed, are committed to the UNIVERSITY and not the Coach!

• Thanks 1

HC positions are filled pretty quickly.  Those guys need to hit the ground running and get to work.  We're already a week behind since we played in a conference championship game so urgency is of utmost importance.

I would not be surprised to hear something tomorrow or Friday.  Would be nice to give the commentators of the Army-Navy game something to talk about on the broadcast.  But I won't be surprised to hear something by the end of the weekend.  If we wait until Monday or Tuesday, we're running behind.

Edited by Moobs

1 minute ago, Moobs said:

HC positions are filled pretty quickly.  Those guys need to hit the ground running and get to work.  We're already a week behind since we played in a conference championship game so urgency is of utmost importance.

I would not be surprised to hear something tomorrow or Friday.  Would be nice to give the commentators of the Army-Navy game something to talk about on the broadcast.  But I won't be surprised to hear something by the end of the weekend.  If we wait until Monday or Tuesday, we're running behind.

If it's this long, then I would assume 1 of 2 hangups:
1.  There's a salary gap with the guy they want, or some boosters, or assistant pool.
2. An enticing wildcard entered the game somewhat late (like late yesterday or today), and deserves the full process to consider him.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

If it's this long, then I would assume 1 of 2 hangups:
1.  There's a salary gap with the guy they want, or some boosters, or assistant pool.
2. An enticing wildcard entered the game somewhat late (like late yesterday or today), and deserves the full process to consider him.

Or the coach is unwilling to signup for a job where the AD position is unfulfilled. 

• Skeptical Eagle 1

16 minutes ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

Or the coach is unwilling to signup for a job where the AD position is unfulfilled. 

AD's don't suddenly get to rehire every coach of every sport when they arrive.  I don't see this being an issue whether the FB coach is hired 7 years or 1 week before an incoming AD.

• Upvote 2