Has the Corona Virus infected anyone you know?

On 4/23/2020 at 10:57 AM, ColoradoEagle said:

Elective surgeries have resumed.

Not everywhere and cancer treatment of heart surgery isn’t elective in many cases. Part of the issue that scares hospitals from continuing “elective” and out patient treatments is the fact that some lawyer is just waiting for someone to have knee surgery and then develop the virus in two weeks so they can claim they got it at the hospital and sue their pants off. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, Quoner said:

/eye roll/ Good grief.

Seeing evidence out there that Trump is trying to profit - or help friends profit - in some way off this pandemic.  Nothing illegal with that but any heat he gets for it is expected and maybe deserved.

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

47 minutes ago, CMJ said:

Now this injecting Lysol and Clorox stuff?  That might literally  be the dumbest thing I have ever heard.  I think as a 7 year old I would have known better than that.

Did you watch the entire briefing or the edited version CNN and other sites toss out there?  If you did, you would understand his intention and it wasn’t to inject Lysol or Clorox. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

19 hours ago, greenminer said:

Personally, I thought this was strange.  But it seemed to fit the shoot-from-hip-and-do-something-big mantra that Trump is wired to.  And it was patriotic, which people love.

So, if he had done nothing would you have bitched and moaned how he doesn't care? Arm chair QB time?

Edited by El Paso Eagle
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

8 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Did you watch the entire briefing or the edited version CNN and other sites toss out there?  If you did, you would understand his intention and it wasn’t to inject Lysol or Clorox. 

Don't let the actual information get in the way of the never-Trumper's 

Their hate for him outweighs all other.

• Upvote 5
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 4

5 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

I did! Here's a fun chance for you to watch another experienced doctor like yourself react in real time. Would have been great if she spoke up, though. 

And here's the statement the company that makes the stuff had to put out because of his rambling. https://www.rb.com/media/news/2020/april/improper-use-of-disinfectants

That said, I do think these two products would be extremely helpful for keeping exercise equipment clean and safe to use when social distancing policies relax, so it's not a total loss for all of us.

• Upvote 6
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

3 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

I'll ask you if there's anything he could do to cross a line for you personally and lose support? 

Do you consider yourself a man of faith? I do.

Do you lean conservative? I do

If you were honest with yourself you would realize that spray tan yankee doesn't give a shit about you. Doesn't stand for anything you claim to stand for. He has an (R) next to his name and you are more concerned with winning than you are moral character and leadership. 

It as bold as hypocrisy can get. 

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 3

37 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

I typically watch CSPAN.

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

I am critical of Trump's handling of COVID19, just like I was critical of the drone strikes under Obama.

We should expect better than this.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Ray 1

44 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

I've watched it several times.  I can't get past the idea that there will be people who interpret this as injection.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, CMJ said:

Looking at some European nations, I do think we've gotten off relatively easy to this point.  If you adjust for population some of those countries are getting absolutely hammered.

On the other hand, if you look at some of the trend lines on death figures, the plateaus downward have taken much longer than the spikes upward.  I know when Italy was around 10K dead, it appeared they'd top out around 20-22K. Instead they're probably gonna pass 26K today, given we're about 5.5 times their population and extra 4 thousand deaths for them would correlate to another 20K plus for us if a similar downward trend exists.

And they're still not done yet either.  They may end up hitting 30K or more unless their figures start dropping more than they have.

In other words, even though the IHME model is now calling for 67K deaths, I think the floor is much higher than that.  Probably at least 85K.

This has some interesting data on overall death rates in the European theater.  These are all deaths regardless of cause.  I believe the spikes in 2017 and 2018 and a lesser extent 2019 correspond to seasonal flu.  The data isn't finished for 2020 obviously, but the spike is a lot steeper and tops out higher (just under 16K more) than 2017.  The 2020 flu season seems almost non-existent if that's what the annual increases are.  It will be interesting to measure the area under the curve once we get past this to see the relative death impact across the different years.  Higher/narrower compared to lower/wider.

https://euromomo.eu/graphs-and-maps/

• Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, Quoner said:

I did! Here's a fun chance for you to watch another experienced doctor like yourself react in real time. Would have been great if she spoke up, though. 

And here's the statement the company that makes the stuff had to put out because of his rambling. https://www.rb.com/media/news/2020/april/improper-use-of-disinfectants

That said, I do think these two products would be extremely helpful for keeping exercise equipment clean and safe to use when social distancing policies relax, so it's not a total loss for all of us.

Here’s one for you. O3 gas is infused in the body for cancer patients as a disinfectant. It is used to ramp up their ability to carry oxygen which in turn ramps up their immune system.  Vitamin C is also recommended to help your immune system. You know why?  It increases levels of hydrogen peroxide, another disinfectant, in the body this boosting your immune system. He questioned whether studies were being done along those lines. UV light therapy has been utilized for years and is currently utilized in hospitals and other public places. 

Don’t believe me?  Google ozone therapy and look at why it is utilized in patients. 

Dr. Birx basically kept the same expression the entire time  

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 4
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Here’s one for you. O3 gas is infused in the body for cancer patients as a disinfectant. It is used to ramp up their ability to carry oxygen which in turn ramps up their immune system.  Vitamin C is also recommended to help your immune system. You know why?  It increases levels of hydrogen peroxide, another disinfectant, in the body this boosting your immune system. He questioned whether studies were being done along those lines. UV light therapy has been utilized for years and is currently utilized in hospitals and other public places. 

Don’t believe me?  Google ozone therapy and look at why it is utilized in patients. 

Dr. Birx basically kept the same expression the entire time  

Whoa whoa, slow down, doctor....you're losing me with basic cancer treatment terminology you picked up. No one has probably thought of any of this yet without it coming up 90 or so days in. He is legit throwing shit he hears against the wall daily that is based on the same level of conjecture and understanding to see if he can own the libs. Don't take my word for it, here's him talking about it just now:

Get on your doctor phone and tell him not to back down and that this is extremely good. But if he was sarcastic, and you are seriously defending him, are you the dumbass?

• Upvote 6
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 3

2 minutes ago, Quoner said:

Whoa whoa, slow down, doctor....you're losing me with basic cancer treatment terminology you picked up. No one has probably thought of any of this yet without it coming up 90 or so days in. He is legit throwing shit he hears against the wall daily that is based on the same level of conjecture and understanding to see if he can own the libs. Don't take my word for it, here's him talking about it just now:

Get on your doctor phone and tell him not to back down and that this is extremely good. But if he was sarcastic, and you are seriously defending him, are you the dumbass?

50k deaths with no vaccine in sight and uncertainty riddling the country - "I was just trolling reporters". 

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 3

God...the more I think about it...the harder I am laughing. 

He said the dumb thing and we started with "well, he was clearly taken out of context." Then right as we were moving to the "well actually, this thing is extremely good and here's why" stage, he completely cut the rug out from under his supporters. 

Like, it almost happened in completely real time and you boobs have to circle jerk around the Babylon Bee's reliable safe and wholesome White Christian Laff Factory and pretend you didn't get dunked on again - all because you are always compelled to defend one man as infallible for some reason while crowing about snowflakes, TDS and other terms captured in the "middle-aged extremely online dudes age 45-75 with wrap-around shades and visors and maybe a fish in their profile pic" dictionary. 

Political discourse is just beautiful here in the year 2020. 

• Upvote 7
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, Quoner said:

He said the dumb thing and we started with "well, he was clearly taken out of context." Then right as we were moving to the "well actually, this thing is extremely good and here's why" stage, he completely cut the rug out from under his supporters. 

Like, it almost happened in completely real time and you boobs have to circle jerk around the Babylon Bee's reliable safe and wholesome White Christian Laff Factory and pretend you didn't get dunked on again - all because you are always compelled to defend one man as infallible for some reason while crowing about snowflakes, TDS and other terms captured in the "middle-aged extremely online dudes age 45-75 with wrap-around shades and visors and maybe a fish in their profile pic" dictionary. 

Then vote him out in November if Trump hurts you so much.

God,...do I have to solve all your problems?  LOL😎

Rick

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 6

2 hours ago, Quoner said:

Or I could have circled back to The Onion.  You and your buddies are so predictable.  Never post anything about North Texas, games, etc... but jump in at a moments notice when you can entertain us with your wit, humor and stereotypical comments about fellow posters.   So predictable.  Carry on.

• Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 6