Miners stay on road against UNT

Harry

Miners hope to set aside a ‘rough weekend’ as they go against UNT.

At 0-9, there’s not much left to resurrect from the Miners’ crucifixion of a season. 

Here’s a stat for the books: UTEP is one of just two winless teams in all of FBS. The only other team is Georgia Southern, the Sun Belt-affiliated team that actually has been in arms’ reach with their league opponents, giving them some hope at a win down the line. 

UTEP’s chances at a win, on the other hand, look slim as the team takes on North Texas (6-3) this Saturday, then LA Tech (4-5) at home and UAB (6-3) to close off the year. 

“Not a happy camper right now. Not going like we thought it would be,” interim head coach Mike Price said.

read more:  https://www.theprospectordaily.com/2017/11/06/miners-stay-on-road-against-unt/

After reading their offensive production in this article, I learned that we better not allow them to score more than 20 and rush for more than 100 yards. If we do, we might now clinch the West Saturday. 

I knew that UTEP was Winless but I didnt realize just how bad this team is. UTEP would like nothing more than to get their first win against their cross state "Rival" so we better not over look these Guys 

Very few teams go 0-12.  Hell, Todd Dodge didn't even accomplish that and he was about as skilled at losing games as anybody in the history of college football. 

I expect a win on Saturday, but I'm not gonna walk around with my chest pumped out all this week as if the game has already happened and the W is already recorded. 

Edited by oldguystudent
  • Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1

I feel bad for them. We are playing a West Texas advanced high school this week. The article talked about how UNT has a defense they haven't seen with all of the blitz combos. Their running game is in jeopardy (not as if they have much of an offense anyways). Our offense should roll with ease too. If we focus, we win big. Only reason I don't want to run up the score on them is because they have a "new" coach. However, I would still love to see this game put to bed by halftime. 

39 minutes ago, greeneagle1 said:

I feel bad for them. We are playing a West Texas advanced high school this week. The article talked about how UNT has a defense they haven't seen with all of the blitz combos. Their running game is in jeopardy (not as if they have much of an offense anyways). Our offense should roll with ease too. If we focus, we win big. Only reason I don't want to run up the score on them is because they have a "new" coach. However, I would still love to see this game put to bed by halftime. 

We can't afford the luxury of feeling bad for them. We must focus and win this game because there is too much at stake. Oh, and we had a new coach last year...payback is a bitch! Please don't fall for the "woe is me" rhetoric from them, then watch them come out balls-on-fire and maybe pull an upset. The fisherman has no compassion for the bait!

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1

59 minutes ago, EagleMBA said:

We can't afford the luxury of feeling bad for them. We must focus and win this game because there is too much at stake. Oh, and we had a new coach last year...payback is a bitch! Please don't fall for the "woe is me" rhetoric from them, then watch them come out balls-on-fire and maybe pull an upset. The fisherman has no compassion for the bait!

Not in that they have a new coach from an aesthetic thing, but this new coach didnt do keep the pedal down. But, yes, lets just win the damn game! 

The Mean Green have a lot to play for so I like our positioning in this game.  It is homecoming and there will be a solid crowd.  It will be football weather and he students are going to show.  Utep is going to be smiling by the end of the game not because they got the W but because they will have winked real hard and caught the attention of their next coach in the Press Box.

its like an Oprah show this weekend - you win you win everybody freaking wins!!!!!

GMG

• Haha 1

On 11/7/2017 at 11:28 AM, oldguystudent said:

Very few teams go 0-12.  Hell, Todd Dodge didn't even accomplish that and he was about as skilled at losing games as anybody in the history of college football. 

I expect a win on Saturday, but I'm not gonna walk around with my chest pumped out all this week as if the game has already happened and the W is already recorded. 

😂.  Todd Dodge is 6-37 all time in college football 

• Sad 1