La Tech highlights

greenminer

2 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

Young doubled his sack count and more than doubled his TFL total for the season.  Monster game.  He plays like that and it makes this a different defense.  

After the broadcasting crew thought the live Facebook feed had cutoff, they were talking him up and asking for his name again. 

8 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

Young doubled his sack count and more than doubled his TFL total for the season.  Monster game.  He plays like that and it makes this a different defense.  

Young has been the man on the DL all year.   It's very hard to get much going as the nose in a 3-man front.   He's going to be a monster when he kicks out to the end once English returns.

2 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Young has been the man on the DL all year.   It's very hard to get much going as the nose in a 3-man front.   He's going to be a monster when he kicks out to the end once English returns.

Oh I agree.  He's been doing his job.  However he kicked it up a notch and was very disruptive this game.  It's almost what I had expected out of English.  

1 minute ago, kj86 said:

I was at the game so I couldn't really tell...the two passes that it looked like we caught, one on offense and one that looked like an interception...what did those look like on the feed?  Did we get screwed?

I don't remember the offensive play. 

The INT had no angle to prove it, but i thought it could have been an INT. That being said, review would not have overturned it due to lack of evidence.

1 minute ago, Cerebus said:

Oh I agree.  He's been doing his job.  However he kicked it up a notch and was very disruptive this game.  It's almost what I had expected out of English.  

If English plays on Rod's level (or, as many here hope, above), this DL is going to be pretty-much unstoppable.    I'm really hoping English can get back in time to play VS Army and/or Rice as a warm up for a conference championship game explosion.

Singletary can't shred the defense again if he can't get through Young/English!

• Upvote 1

Just now, kj86 said:

I was at the game so I couldn't really tell...the two passes that it looked like we caught, one on offense and one that looked like an interception...what did those look like on the feed?  Did we get screwed?

Interception could've went either way. He caught the ball and was hanging on to the top nose of the ball as he went to the ground. The bottom nose of the ball technically hit the ground when he hit the ground, but the ball didn't jar loose. So by rule, the ground, from the TV angle did not help him gain possession of the ball and technically should've been an interception. We have crappy refs in the league so they blew that. 

The fumble on one of LaTech's TD drives on our 5 yd line was definitively a fumble. He got hit up high as he was wrapped down low and the ball came jarred loose. He tried to maintain a semi kind of possession of the ball on his way down, but never established full possession of the ball after it being jarred loose and when he hit the ground it completely came out. It was an absolute fumble. 

58 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

If English plays on Rod's level (or, as many here hope, above), this DL is going to be pretty-much unstoppable.    I'm really hoping English can get back in time to play VS Army and/or Rice as a warm up for a conference championship game explosion.

Singletary can't shred the defense again if he can't get through Young/English!

I had a very reliable source tell me at the ODU game that Nose Guard English is a difference-maker.  Would like to see our D at full strength if we play FAU again.

GMG!