La Tech vs Southern Miss & Other CUSA scores?

PlummMeanGreen

SoMiss beats LaTech. Big win for us, had we won today. Now, we will need to win out anyway. Or hope La Tech loses another. Destiny is still in our hands, in theory. But would you put your own 'destiny' in the hands of this staff after today? Not sure I'd put a potato gun in their hands after today. 

• Downvote 11

Just now, meaniegreenie said:

Wow!  Congrats SoMiss!  And thanks for the help.

Agreed.. USM thank you for the help with UTSA and LAT..

Just now, Ben Gooding said:

SoMiss beats LaTech. Big win for us, had we won today. Now, we will need to win out anyway. Or hope La Tech loses another. Destiny is still in our hands, in theory. But would you put your own 'destiny' in the hands of this staff after today? Not sure I'd put a potato gun in their hands after today. 

LAT still has UTSA and I believe Marshall... so let’s hope we can handle our business

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, meaniegreenie said:

Wow!  Congrats SoMiss!  And thanks for the help.

I'm not sure if I want it after tonight.  If we win the West division, we'll have to play against an East champ who--at least it looks like it at this point--will absolutely destroy us.  I'd almost rather win 7 or 8 games and go against a beatable opponent in a bowl game.  I just don't think we're ready for the big time yet.

• Downvote 7

2 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

absolutely...everyone has a shitty day...

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

I'm not sure if I want it after tonight.  If we win the West division, we'll have to play against an East champ who--at least it looks like it at this point--will absolutely destroy us.  I'd almost rather win 7 or 8 games and go against a beatable opponent in a bowl game.  I just don't think we're ready for the big time yet.

No kidding.  I mean, who wants to play in a conference championship game???  Especially two years after going 1-11 and being arguably the worst team in college football.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Venson said:

USM and Charlotte helped us out tonight. UAB, UTSA, and La Tech all with two conference losses. UNT needs to win out and we will win the tiebreak against USM to play in conference championship. La Tech scares me though with our sub par defense. 

Let’s just hope Reff can fix this.. honestly I have no idea how he can with how crappy they played tonite..

11 hours ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

I don't get this logic. So the other conference title contenders that have a CUSA loss can regroup, get better and progress, but somehow we're incapable of that? I understand that everyone's pissed about the completely flat performance (I am too), but this kind of sentiment comes across as overly emotional. Ideally, I want us to win the rest of the CUSA games and force a rematch with FAU. Think we'd see a totally different North Texas team against them in round 2.

Edited by Green Lantern
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

8 hours ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

Honestly, I believe our young team is still developing & when we get our 2 in the DL back in full operating mode this defense should be much better, especially by bowl kick-off time. 

GMG!

How many fricking years in a row are we going to be a young team, this is the excuse every year. Why are we always perceived to be a young team as an excuse for craptastic losses

• Confused 1
  • Downvote 2

6 hours ago, Green Lantern said:

I don't get this logic. So the other conference title contenders that have a CUSA loss can regroup, get better and progress, but somehow we're incapable of that? I understand that everyone's pissed about the completely flat performance (I am too), but this kind of sentiment comes across as overly emotional. Ideally, I want us to win the rest of the CUSA games and force a rematch with FAU. Think we'd see a totally different North Texas team against them in round 2.

I was being somewhat tongue-in-cheek.  But it is true that if we were to experience a comparable or worse outcome to what we saw yesterday, I would rather not be in the game at all.

• Downvote 2

19 minutes ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

I was being somewhat tongue-in-cheek.  But it is true that if we were to experience a comparable or worse outcome to what we saw yesterday, I would rather not be in the game at all.

Reminds me of the people last year that thought we should decline the HoD invitation since we only had 5 wins.

Edited by UNT 90 Grad
  • Upvote 1