Key Stats Going Into the Bye

AustinFromUNT

1 minute ago, UNTMike81 said:

If Jeffrey Wilson stays healthy look out for how many yards he carries for less an injury. I think there are going to a lot of NFL Scouts showing up at practice. Not to mention the number of scouts that have already visited Denton!!

They did a lot of subbing him in and out tonight.  It's great to keep him fresh but also great to get Nic Smith some carries.

• Upvote 5

17 minutes ago, UNTMike81 said:

If Jeffrey Wilson stays healthy look out for how many yards he carries for less an injury. I think there are going to a lot of NFL Scouts showing up at practice. Not to mention the number of scouts that have already visited Denton!!

The showing at Iowa was a positive that likely lead to some staffs putting a check or something by him to circle back to him.. if he keeps putting up these stats it will be great..

Question will be can the NFL get him over 200 and stay at it?

14 minutes ago, NorthTexan95 said:

They did a lot of subbing him in and out tonight.  It's great to keep him fresh but also great to get Nic Smith some carries.

Wouldn’t allow Wilson to practice this week.. he had 30 carries tonite to set his career high, past was 23.. need to allow him to recover after the past 3/4 games vs Iowa, UAB and USM and SMU if you wanna count it

Edited by BTG_Fan1
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Wouldn’t allow Wilson to practice this week.. he had 30 carries tonite to set his career high, past was 23.. need to allow him to recover after the past 3/4 games vs Iowa, UAB and USM and SMU if you wanna count it

How can 23 be his career high when he had 26 carries last week against UAB?

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

32 minutes ago, AustinFromUNT said:

Jeffery Wilson: 93 carries for 666 yards (7.16 YPC) & 9 TDs.

That would seem to make him the a demon or the devil of a running back, good luck to those that try to catch the devil. 

Just now, ChristopherRyanWilkes said:

Fine, Guyton, and Wilson are the most entertaining players I've ever watched at North Texas. 

There definitely up there with Galbreth, Cobbs, Quinn, Jamario, Fitzgerald, Chancellor and Dunbar as far as explosive offensive players I've had the pleasure of watching.

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, Green Lantern said:

There definitely up there with Galbreth, Cobbs, Quinn, Jamario, Fitzgerald, Chancellor and Dunbar as far as explosive offensive players I've had the pleasure of watching.

Lets not forget Jamario Thomas, Scott Hall, and Andrew Smith

We have had a few entertaining defensive guys as well

1 minute ago, Green Lantern said:

^He's in there! Take another look.

His freshman year was unlike anything I've seen. That home game against Idaho where he went off for 291 was just silly.

Yup did not see him I seem to remember a game against Colorado or was it Colorado St where he came in and rolled over them 

26 minutes ago, ChristopherRyanWilkes said:

Fine, Guyton, and Wilson are the most entertaining players I've ever watched at North Texas. 

Wow--I'm not quite ready to go there yet.  I've seen Mitch Maher, Brock McGrew, Jonas Buckles, P.C., Johnny Quinn, Jamario, Casey Fitzgerald, Lance Dunbar, Brelan, Zach Orr, Marcus Trice, etc., etc. . . . let's revisit this at the end of the season.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

Wow--I'm not quite ready to go there yet.  I've seen Mitch Maher, Brock McGrew, Jonas Buckles, P.C., Johnny Quinn, Jamario, Casey Fitzgerald, Lance Dunbar, Brelan, Zach Orr, Marcus Trice, etc., etc. . . . let's revisit this at the end of the season.

Booger Booger Booger 

Freshman Jamario was the most explosive player I’ve ever seen at NT. Brelan Chancellor is up there  as well.  

This current squad may end up being the best set of  Tripletts to come through NT in a long time: Fine, Wilson, & Guyton.  At least as long as I’ve been following NT football. 

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, KingDL1 said:

Yup did not see him I seem to remember a game against Colorado or was it Colorado St where he came in and rolled over them 

46 minutes ago, FirefightnRick said:

Colorado.

Rick

Yep, it was CU.  One of the touchdown calls from George Dunham on the Mean Green Radio Network was "CU later, freshman!"

a_thomas_i.jpg

Edited by UNT 90 Grad
  • Upvote 1