English should be getting close?

p_phelps

SL has said in last weeks press conference that English was still on track to return from what they had originally planned which had been to return around the bye week with UAB likely being the very best (slightly rushed) goal.. the real question is how does he react in practice.. I would think UTSA  possibly, FAU likely.. ODU worst case scenario 

• Lovely Take 1

2 hours ago, p_phelps said:

I'd say he returns to practice for the UTSA game maybe plays (probably not) im a physical therapist and I'm just using generic time lines but i could see him returning the following week

No idea if it helps, but he had some heavy duty IV line running from something on his waist down to his foot at the UAB Game.. and he has been on his little cart thing as well since Lamar.. 

• Lovely Take 1

36 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

No idea if it helps, but he had some heavy duty IV line running from something on his waist down to his foot at the UAB Game.. and he has been on his little cart thing as well since Lamar.. 

Sounds discouraging... Again, I have no clue of his actual injury but if he's not weight bearing yet I can't see him playing football at any level in 2 weeks. It usually takes 4-6 weeks for a bone to heal. The foot is tough. There are soooo many ligaments that could be damaged as well I can't say anything certain. I would have had my pts doing some pretty active exercises at this point if it were a simple break and no set backs. Hard to say without actually seeing it.

• Lovely Take 1

• 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, greenminer said:

Purely hypothetical: is there a possibility that English's recovery is slower than expected and coaches will consider a medical waiver/year off?

Can he get multiple years of extensions? He already has the Hardship-waiver he has to apply for and then possibly this.. if he is healthy, he will play is my bet..

6 hours ago, greenminer said:

Purely hypothetical: is there a possibility that English's recovery is slower than expected and coaches will consider a medical waiver/year off?

Oh yeah, very high possibility. Foot/ ankle injuries are tricky depending on what it is.

58 minutes ago, TreeFiddy said:

Not sure I have ever heard of someone getting 7 years of eligibility. He has already redshirted one year, then received the extra year because of the transfer due to family health reasons. 

Has the NCAA ever granted a seventh year?

I dont think he got the extra year for sitting last year. He is considered a redshirt sophomore this year and it is his third year out of hs.

1 hour ago, TreeFiddy said:

Not sure I have ever heard of someone getting 7 years of eligibility. He has already redshirted one year, then received the extra year because of the transfer due to family health reasons. 

Has the NCAA ever granted a seventh year?

Pretty sure Case Keenum got 15+ yrs, if my memory serves me correctly.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Pretty sure Case Keenum got 15+ yrs, if my memory serves me correctly.

Yep and the following got close to 10, if memory serves me:

Jason White of OU and  Ramon "SilverEagle's Biatch" Flanigan of SMUt 

2 hours ago, MeanGreen13 said:

I dont think he got the extra year for sitting last year. He is considered a redshirt sophomore this year and it is his third year out of hs.

I am pretty sure he already received, or will receive, a waiver for last year.  The NCAA specifically put a rule in place for students that transfer due to family issues are not eligible to petition to play right away (sometimes granted in years past), but they are not charged a year of eligibility.

I realize that meangreensports.com lists him as RS Soph, but I just assumed it was wrong.  Maybe there is a process where the player has to exhaust his normal eligibility first and then apply for the extra year, but English seems like a textbook case of getting the extra year to his dad's health issues.

12 hours ago, greenminer said:

I don't believe that is possible.  The only way to get a 6th year of eligibility is if medical reasons kept him off the field for both extra seasons.

GoMeanGreen: English? English? English?

Simone: Um, he's not available. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw English pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

GoMeanGreen: Thank you, Simone.

• Upvote 2