Improving The Game Day Experience

AustinFromUNT

8 minutes ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

I don't know about the Shhh when we have the ball.  Back in my "Glory" days......yes, I had a few.....I would get stoked when the crowd went crazy......even on offense....

Get crazy after a great 1st down conversion or something, sure! But the crowd needs to be quiet when Fine is reading the D and barking to his teammates pre-snap.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

1 minute ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Get crazy after a great 1st down conversion or something, sure! But the crowd needs to be quiet when Fine is reading the D and barking to his teammates pre-snap.

The worst for me is when we're going for it on 4th down and people decide that's the best time to scream as loud as they can

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 1

21 minutes ago, greenjoe said:

And stop playing "Hey Baby" at the beginning of the 4th quarter if NT is trailing. 

We cry about stealing traditions.  We have a tradition and we want to get rid of it.  Blonde girls want to be brunette.  Brunette's want to be blonde.  Curly headed girls want straight hair, straight hair girls want curly. GEEZ

• Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 3

5 hours ago, Withers940 said:

The more I think about it, the more I love the idea of handing out Vuvuzela's. Like at one of our games against one of our "Rivals"? I'm sure if you order in bulk they could get one hell of a deal. Amazon has em for $25 for a pack of 6.

Talk about a deafening noise when the opposing offense is on the field

If I could downvote this 1 million gazillion times I would.  You sir, are a menace to society.  Vuvuzelas?!  Just say NO!

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 3

4 hours ago, MEANGREENCOACH2 said:

We cry about stealing traditions.  We have a tradition and we want to get rid of it.  Blonde girls want to be brunette.  Brunette's want to be blonde.  Curly headed girls want straight hair, straight hair girls want curly. GEEZ

We also have a tradition of losing, doesn't mean it's a good tradition.

4 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

What's wrong with the PA announcer?   I've never had a problem with him.

He's brutal. Says the wrong names too frequently. It's time for a new voice.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, GRN-WHT said:

He's brutal. Says the wrong names too frequently. It's time for a new voice.

Exactly, he misidentifies players way too often. I like the "and that's good for another Mean Green first down!" but he seems to lose track of the game at other times.  The in game promotions are too disjointed, sometimes they happen, sometimes they don't. 

In general, finding a way to speed up the game is critical for all of college football.

Specifically at Apogee, I would love to have the players featured more in short videos played during the game.

I'm imagining something like:

• Jeffrey Wilson running for a first down and instead of the PA guy leading the "and that's good for a Mean Green FIRST DOWN" it's a video of Wilson leading this cheer
  • Bryce English on the Video Board inciting fans to get to their feet for a big 3rd down

Not only would this allow fans in the stadium to feel more engagement with the players they're supporting but I could see recruits enjoying the prospect of having similar opportunity to be showcased on the Jumbotron

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 2

15 hours ago, MGNation92 said:

The worst for me is when we're going for it on 4th down and people decide that's the best time to scream as loud as they can

I was gonna make a snarky remark back to the Dodge days about noise being irrelevant in that situation, but I'm gonna go take my meds and wrap up in my safety blanket instead. 

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, greenjoe said:

And stop playing "Hey Baby" at the beginning of the 4th quarter if NT is trailing. 

Stop playing it?   Or stop playing it only "if NT is trailing"?

What if we're down by one point, but our offense has the ball 1st & goal at the 1 yd line and is about to punch it in to start the 4th quarter?

This is dumb.    

The Green Brigade should be able to play whatever songs they want whenever they want, unless it affects the game on the field.

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 2

I realize it's easy to pile on the green brigade, but yes, the talent there is under utilized. Our song selection most of the time is basic or mild compared to big time programs. Or when the opponent calls a time out before going for it on 4th down they play something that is "nice" and doesn't keep people's energy hyped. That said, the Drum Corp needs to play more, a lot more!

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, the green rokemi said:

I realize it's easy to pile on the green brigade, but yes, the talent there is under utilized. Our song selection most of the time is basic or mild compared to big time programs. Or when the opponent calls a time out before going for it on 4th down they play something that is "nice" and doesn't keep people's energy hyped. That said, the Drum Corp needs to play more, a lot more!

Totally agree.

And speaking of getting the crowd into the game.....I'll take LaLa's  announcer.....

1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Stop playing it?   Or stop playing it only "if NT is trailing"?

What if we're down by one point, but our offense has the ball 1st & goal at the 1 yd line and is about to punch it in to start the 4th quarter?

This is dumb.    

The Green Brigade should be able to play whatever songs they want whenever they want, unless it affects the game on the field.

"Hey Baby" does nothing to fire up the crowd.  A question has always popped in to my head when I heard it played.  "What does this have to do with a football game?"

The Green Brigade is awesome, but please showcase your abilities with songs that get the team and fans fired up.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Just now, UNTLifer said:

"Hey Baby" does nothing to fire up the crowd.  A question has always popped in to my head when I heard it played.  "What does this have to do with a football game?"

I hear people singing the song and swaying back & forth all around me once they start it up... if the game is going well.
I think people just dislike losing, so, dislike anything that happens while the team is losing... like, any song the GB plays.

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 2