'18 ATH Antonio Gage (Dallas Madison)

UNTLifer

5 hours ago, MGNation92 said:

Curious if UNT will be in his top 5

5 hours ago, All About UNT said:

Top five coming soon unless I get more offers then I'll have a revised top five in two months

I don't care how many top 5's he has as long as UNT is always in it.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

He was also recently begging Texas Tech coaches to follow him.

Didn't Tech pull an offer from him?  Or, was that some other kid?

Anyway, although I've been very public about not being a fan of Tech, this kid should know that it's highly unlikely that Texas Tech is ever so strapped for receivers that they have to have their coaches scraping twitter feeds for prospects.

By the way, I'd love to have this kid here, because he's a legitimate talent.  However, if he's a head case who would pout publicly if he "didn't get enough touches/chances," maybe it is best to skip his act altogether. 

I don't mind a competitive guy who might whisper to a coach or QB on the sideline or huddle, "hey, I'm really beating this guy, give me a look first next time!"  Or, if a guy is in the film room during game planning as says it.  But...if he's a twitter diva.  Forget it.  Coaches and QBs jobs are hard enough/held to the most scrutiny by fans, media, teammates, etc.

Also, spread offenses are just that:  they are supposed to spread the ball around.  At their optimum best, you have situations like Tulsa had last year where you've got two 1,000+ yard receivers, and two 1,000+ yard runners; but, that is rare.  If this kid really does want to be the #1 target, he should be trying to gain the attention of schools who run pro style offenses, 

• Upvote 3

18 hours ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Says he is committing on Sept 15... so 

I've probably been drinking the strong Green KoolAid again while wearing my Mean Green colored glasses but maybe, just maybe, he is waiting til September 15th to commit because that is the day before we play Iowa on national television. If he had a crazy good commitment video, that is sure to get play during the game. My Mean Green loonacy wont let me envision it any other way.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

He hasn't picked up any offers on twitter since decommitting outside of Cisco JUCO (I believe it was). We have gotten him to commit to us twice and I'm not sure about how many of the older offers stand...

Maybe someone with some more experience or knowledge about the past offers of like Colorado and that, if they still stand. It will be interesting because people have said he reached out to Tech, but its possible they fire the current staff... I have hope that we can still pull it out, but its looking like it maybe down to Illinois as our challenger for Gage and Gibbs. 

5 hours ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

He hasn't picked up any offers on twitter since decommitting outside of Cisco JUCO (I believe it was). We have gotten him to commit to us twice and I'm not sure about how many of the older offers stand...

Maybe someone with some more experience or knowledge about the past offers of like Colorado and that, if they still stand. It will be interesting because people have said he reached out to Tech, but its possible they fire the current staff... I have hope that we can still pull it out, but its looking like it maybe down to Illinois as our challenger for Gage and Gibbs. 

The latters family isn't sold on him being at Illinois.  Parents loved UNT. Barry Switzer always recruited mom then got the recruit on board.  Momma knows best.

Edited by GMG24
  • Upvote 4

3 hours ago, GMG24 said:

The latters family isn't sold on him being at Illinois.  Parents loved UNT. Barry Switzer always recruited mom then got the recruit on board.  Momma know she best.

Its good to hear that the coaches are having success with the parents... Wherever Gibbs ends up, we all wish him the best. 

I'd just hope he could give insight into what UNT needs to maintain/did well for him to end up at UNT or what they lacked/needed to improve for in the future! 

I wish him all the best where ever he goes but stop saying one thing and then doing another and Im not talking about the commitment to us. Top 13 coming soon and then...........Nothing. I know when I was 17-18 I was like a puppy chasing its tail so I guess I get it.

This Secondary is developing into one of the best in the conference and is still relatively young, The school is one of the largest & strongest in the state so why not jump on and play close to home