MGB: Source says Tommy Perry has left staff at UNT

Brett Vito

1 minute ago, TheReal_jayD said:

I am hearing no to the Traylor rumor.

Bummer. Was really hoping he would take a lateral position move to take a pay and conference downgrade.

5 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

We will def have a new ace recruiter.

I am going to say Sonny Dykes probably. Or Nick Saban after he rage quits Bama.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

14 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

I am hearing no to the Traylor rumor. But if name I am hearing rumored is correct. We will def have a new ace recruiter.

well after I got my hopes up for Traylor.. bummer.. but excited to see who it is and he needs to work fast! 

Edited by p_phelps

11 minutes ago, Aldo said:

/sardonic

After all the Traylor talk, who was never coming here to be a ST coordinator

They may rearrange the staff they have to share in the special teams roles.  I think they know who they want and what his role will be.  Will be interesting.

17 minutes ago, Aldo said:

/sardonic

After all the Traylor talk, who was never coming here to be a ST coordinator

Why wouldn't he?  He took the UT job in 2015 and the 2 years he has there as ST/Tight Ends is all the college experience he has.  Given the opportunity to head to Houston with their new coaching staff (also makes sense) and that hasn't happened as of yet.  

6 minutes ago, All About UNT said:

Why wouldn't he?  He took the UT job in 2015 and the 2 years he has there as ST/Tight Ends is all the college experience he has.  Given the opportunity to head to Houston with their new coaching staff (also makes sense) and that hasn't happened as of yet.  

Had a base salary of $350K. Was a Scout Big 12 Recruiter of the Year. 

Texas had a top 10 recruiting class and lead the Big 12 (I mean, it's usually between UT and OU).

He will find a solid spot somewhere at a prominent school willing to pay some money.

This certainly isn't a knock on UNT, but rather that Traylor has earned a very solid reputation as a recruiter.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Aldo said:

Had a base salary of $350K. Was a Scout Big 12 Recruiter of the Year. 

Texas had a top 10 recruiting class and lead the Big 12 (I mean, it's usually between UT and OU).

He will find a solid spot somewhere at a prominent school willing to pay some money.

This certainly isn't a knock on UNT, but rather that Traylor has earned a very solid reputation as a recruiter.

He is currently unemployed, no?

1 hour ago, Harry said:

I found the very first post in that thread pretty jarring:

Excerpt:...

Posted 29 November 2016 - 01:15 PM

Guys, sorry that we had to kill the Navasota thread.  However, per the rules of the site, you can not post something as definite as "Navasota offered him a huge contract" without being able to back it up.  That is spreading a false rumor as news, and the thread title was misleading.  

Boy, would that mod have some fun around here.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, TheReal_jayD said:

I am hearing no to the Traylor rumor. But if name I am hearing rumored is correct. We will def have a new ace recruiter.

Should we expect an announcement before NSD? Hoping we could get this guy out before NSD to lockup and fill these last 5-6 slots

2 hours ago, TreeFiddy said:

He is currently unemployed, no?

Yes he is I believe. Was let go after Herman took over at UT

• 1 month later...