Old Dominion (1/2/16)

Harry

8 hours ago, GreenMachine said:

Someone on here has repeatedly stated that what Ernie wants, Ernie gets especially when it comes to basketball. He stated his very good source told him Ernie liked Benford and would keep him.

At the beginning of the season, that was Ermie's stance. There is a reason Benford is back for a 5th year of a 5 year contract after completely destroying the basketball  program. I have no idea how Ernie feels now. I've been told he is no longer attending BB games. Don't know if that's true, but I didn't see him at the one game I went to this year. Perhaps his opinion has changed.

Preseason, he was still VERY much on board the Benford train. 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, GreenMachine said:

Someone on here has repeatedly stated that what Ernie wants, Ernie gets especially when it comes to basketball. He stated his very good source told him Ernie liked Benford and would keep him.

I guess Ernie likes really crappy, losing basketball. It makes no sense at all. Come on Wren, pull the trigger.

2 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

At the beginning of the season, that was Ermie's stance. There is a reason Benford is back for a 5th year of a 5 year contract after completely destroying the basketball  program. I have no idea how Ernie feels now. I've been told he is no longer attending BB games. Don't know if that's true, but I didn't see him at the one game I went to this year. Perhaps his opinion has changed.

Preseason, he was still VERY much on board the Benford train. 

Had to be for financial reasons.

1 minute ago, Hunter Green said:

Had to be for financial reasons.

That wasn't the situation. Benford had Ernie's full support.

14 hours ago, @UNTSportsFan said:

At least our former players are doing good...

Now we know why Deandre was so pissed all the time. He knew he could play but had to play in a terrible system for a terrible coach. I'd be pissed, also. 

But, remember, he was last year's cancer...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

15 minutes ago, CMJ said:

I forgot there was a game yesterday.  Not sorry I missed it.

That's sad. This used to be so much fun. I don't even look at the schedule anymore.

I used to listen to all games over the internet, keep score, fart around the chatroom, and get a little toasty with the other fans on the board.

As much fun as all that was, our sorry situation as a team has given me the opportunity to find new ways to spend my time and new habits to form. I just don't seem to care about the basketball team anymore and I'm not sure that a new coach will completely change that.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, UNT90 said:

I have no idea how Ernie feels now. I've been told he is no longer attending BB games. Don't know if that's true, but I didn't see him at the one game I went to this year. 

I haven't seen him at any of the home games I've been to. That is to say he hasn't been in his usual court side seats. It's possible he attended and wasn't in any of he floor seats.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, GangGreen said:

That's sad. This used to be so much fun. I don't even look at the schedule anymore.

I used to listen to all games over the internet, keep score, fart around the chatroom, and get a little toasty with the other fans on the board.

As much fun as all that was, our sorry situation as a team has given me the opportunity to find new ways to spend my time and new habits to form. I just don't seem to care about the basketball team anymore and I'm not sure that a new coach will completely change that.

Sadly, this explains how I feel, I just chose to state "I don't care anymore."

21 hours ago, GreenMachine said:

Do not recall seeing Ernie at a game this season.  Interesting for a guy who someone claims is the reason Coach Benford is still head coach.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

2 minutes ago, KRAM1 said:

Do not recall seeing Ernie at a game this season.  Interesting for a guy who someone claims is the reason Coach Benford is still head coach.

I agree, I thinks it's ridiculous to think 1 high dollar donor wants losing basketball at UNT. I have no doubt Benford is gone after this season, if not before the final game.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, GreenMachine said:

I agree, I thinks it's ridiculous to think 1 high dollar donor wants losing basketball at UNT. I have no doubt Benford is gone after this season, if not before the final game.

Who said he wants losing basketball? If he wanted Benford back after even one season then he and I disagree about Benford's ability to be a winning coach, but that doesn't mean he doesn't want to win.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

17 hours ago, UNT90 said:

That wasn't the situation. Benford had Ernie's full support.

Now we know why Deandre was so pissed all the time. He knew he could play but had to play in a terrible system for a terrible coach. I'd be pissed, also. 

But, remember, he was last year's cancer...

LOL I could have told you dude could fill the bucket up.  I am sure I did at some point. Kind of like Frazier scoring 10-12 a game.  

4 hours ago, KRAM1 said:

I have only made one game this year due to coaching/supporting my HS program.  He wasn't at the one game I was. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

10 hours ago, KRAM1 said:

Hopefully that means he isn't in Benford's corner anymore or Baker has already told him Benfird is gone and he isn't happy about it.

Again, preseason he was 100% behind Benford.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

3 hours ago, southsideguy said:

The attendance is what tells you what is happening on the court.  I was surprised at the crowd at the San Diego game.   I am most likely going tonight with low expectations.

Come to the Green Room before the game...I assume you are a MGC member...we will have a few folks there before the game.  Chart says it is "appetizers" night.  Plus free sodas and bottled water as well with alcohol for purchase.  Would love to say hello. Green room will open at 6PM.

• Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

not sure where the green room is located. yes MGC member.

If you come in from the North entrance that takes you to court level, after having your tickets scanned turn right and go down the hall. You will stop at a table, and so long as you are at the $500 or better donor level you will get in.