MGB: UNT picks up commitment from Manase Mose

Brett Vito

4 hours ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

But this staff can't recruit at all everyone said?!?!!

me'thinks they are going to be radically wrong when the final tally of recruits are made on or after LOI Day

I think they flip some key recruits that "fit our system" at the HOD Bowl game tomorrow.

I feel good about this coaching staff unlike others I've seen in awhile.  We seem to have it going on from Smatresk, the Wren and Coach Seth L! 

It's a good feeling.  Now if we can just shuck CUSA and get in the Big 12. :huh:

:hello: I think I finally know what it is with me.  I love CUSA West & about 2 schools  in CUSA East, but I have a hard time with all the damn start-ups & recent D1 elevations (except UTSA, of course).  One of those recently played before about (maybe) 1,000 fans in a CUSA championship game recently?

BEAT ARMY! 

FILL THE LOWER COTTON BOWL WITH

GREEN!  

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 4

9 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

How does this help prove they are good recruiters? Getting a DFW kid to choose is over service acad my and FCS offers should be a given, unless the kid is dead set on going to a service academy.

Don't even try to be logical...

This is a battle we should always win. Hopefully this kid turns into another Cyril Lemon. 

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 4

32 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

How does this help prove they are good recruiters? Getting a DFW kid to choose is over service acad my and FCS offers should be a given, unless the kid is dead set on going to a service academy.

Whoa Billy, I said we should always outperform service academies and the down votes are still coming. LA Tech proved that.

Edited by UTSA Fan
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Hey, Euless FB coaches will like that UNT coaches are recruiting there.  Believe me, there are folks in Euless who want UNT football to succeed, for a variety of reasons.  And I think there are a variety of reasons we can like this get, for one thing, class 6A all state; for another, well coached at Trinity.

Edited by eulessismore
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, eulessismore said:

Hey, Euless FB coaches will like that UNT coaches are recruiting there.  Believe me, there are folks in Euless who want UNT football to succeed, for a variety of reasons.  And I think there are a variety of reasons we can like this get, for one thing, class 6A all state; for another, well coached at Trinity.

Could you illuminate some of those reasons?  I am anxious for UNT football to develop some good relationships with some of the more successful programs in the DFW area.  

14 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

Part of the rediculous P5 cookie cutter requirement.  

There are a lot of these kids out there, and they come with a natural chip on their shoulder.  We are the perfect match for them.

Rick

The P5 cookie cutter requirement so prevalent on this forum from a handful.  They want P5 recruiting classes but want to be in a conference half of whom are start-up programs or programs that just elevated to NCAA D1 in the last 10 or 15 years.  Jeez, all this enough to make the Pope cuss on Easter Sunday!  

No, Mason Fine is not the prototypical future NFL QB, ie, 6'4" 210, but Darrell K. Royal of the University of Texas never won not even one N.C. with a QB who was ever drafted. His QB's were always around 5'11 or 6 foot but very athletic.

DKR didn't have 1 UT quarterback drafted in any round of the NFL; with the exception of  Super Bill Bradley by the Philly' Iggles' who wanted him as a safety.  Super Bill from Palestine HS had lost his UT QB job early on in his UT career.  I actually saw him play a little QB in a Bluebonnet Bowl game in Rice Stadium against the Ole Miss Rebels.  UT RB Chris Gilbert of Houston Spring Branch HS had a very big day in that bowl win for the Longhorns.  (Our next door neighbor worked for Humble Refinery & just happened to have 3 tickets which he, my late father and myself found to be useful). 

Still, UT  won 11 SWC championships in a row with QB's who could mostly engineer a game--were not too flashy, not world beaters as passers but enough to win conference championships with a good supporting cast of linemen who kept Royal's QB's from losing a limb or 2.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 6

11 hours ago, eulessismore said:

8 hours ago, Mike Jackson said:

Could you illuminate some of those reasons?  I am anxious for UNT football to develop some good relationships with some of the more successful programs in the DFW area.  

Because (1.) there are a number of UNT alumni in the HEB school system, as well as the government and private sectors and (2.) high school football coaches feel some pressure to place their student athletes in places where they think they will have a greater likelihood of success, and for some of those, it means staying closer to home, and (3.) people who interested in area football generally, including those with kids who want to play in college, want to see UNT succeed, as it will increase the possibilities of their kids getting looks from places that are successful.

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, jtm0097 said:

Excited for this pick up. I like that the staff has 4 OL commits right now. The OL play has improved, but we need solid depth. I wouldn't be shocked if some of these guys start right away.

Am I missing one OL commit?  I only count Weatherspoon, Newman and Mose.