Class ranking?

Wag Tag

In the last 6 years the highest ranked class was 2015 at 95 Natl and 6 C-USA. All others on 247 were over 100 Natl! We are all speculating on the current class, but satisfaction really comes down to how it is ranked . If we could break the 90s and be in the top 5 I would be satisfied! What do you expect?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

25 minutes ago, djohnnie said:

If you listen to our AD Baker speak he is hoping for aspirations to be itop 25 in all of our sports.

With those types of aspirations middle of the road recruiting will not suffice. It will take time, but our rankings in these

publications must improve.

GMG

I would love to be top 25, Hell i would take top 50.  If we are doing that, we are whooping ass and taking names

18 minutes ago, Withers940 said:

I would love to be top 25, Hell i would take top 50.  If we are doing that, we are whooping ass and taking names

I think we have received votes in top 25 but never got in.  I'm talking modern era.  It seems like we may have received a few votes after we beat Cincy in the bowl...maybe I am imagining that...

11 minutes ago, Harry said:

I think we have received votes in top 25 but never got in.  I'm talking modern era.  It seems like we may have received a few votes after we beat Cincy in the bowl...maybe I am imagining that...

We received votes both after beating Cincy and after beating UNLV in 2013.. I think both were coach's poll votes and I imagine 1 of those at least were our own coaches. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Wag Tag said:

Number of commits at this time skews the rankings! UTSA is doing well.

No doubt, I just wanted to point out the fact that we can get to top 50 ish nationally and be very competitive. Look what the staff did with an FCS roster. 

This got them the 53 ranked class.. We can achieve this IMO.  

Screen Shot 2016-12-11 at 2.48.12 PM.png

UNT is 93 right now, with this list.  Drop us 4-5 spots probably by removing Sewell. 

Screen Shot 2016-12-11 at 2.50.11 PM.png

2 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

You can drop UTSA a couple of spots since Javaris Steward won't be there on signing day whjch makes me wonder how many other risks, whether grades or criminal, they are taking.  Again, let's see these grades on signing day.

Steward has been dropped. He longer shows as a commit on 247 and they still hold the #1 class over WKU. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, GMG24 said:

No doubt, I just wanted to point out the fact that we can get to top 50 ish nationally and be very competitive. Look what the staff did with an FCS roster. 

This got them the 53 ranked class.. We can achieve this IMO.  

Screen Shot 2016-12-11 at 2.48.12 PM.png

UNT is 93 right now, with this list.  Drop us 4-5 spots probably by removing Sewell. 

Screen Shot 2016-12-11 at 2.50.11 PM.png

Sewell won't hurt because he is unranked. Donovan is the one that would hurt a little because he is a 5.4 2-star. But rivals ratings are a joke for us.

For example, none of our commits have been reevaluated since their first evaluation except...... Cameron Johnson. They reevaluated him because he was a 5.7 3-star which is barely short of a 4-star rating and the same rating as guys who typically have 10+ P5 offers. Why did they reevaluate him? Probably because they didn't want to have that type of rating on a player who was committed to us and had no P5 offers. And a school that has no subscribers so no voiced disapproval of the rating downgrade.

Again, the major reason why offer lists are much more important when it comes to evaluating the recruits that we, North Texas, are after.

Edited by BillySee58
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Alright let's settle down. UTSA couldn't land any 4 or 5 stars, and still have less 3 stars than WKU or USM.

The tweet is a joke bc Texas has 8 total recruits, and FIVE are 4* star players. Stanford has more 4 and 5 star players than 3 stars.

Sure UNT needs to do a way better job than we've seen, but let's wait till the recruiting dust settles.

• Upvote 1