Looks like HoD Bowl!

JesseMartin

2 minutes ago, ChristopherRyanWilkes said:

My favorite thing about this thread is that we are arguing about whether Dallas or Fort Worth is a better bowl destination for us, under a young first year head coach, after 1-11 & Portland State. #GMG. 

Yep! 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 3

Honestly UNT vs Army in FTW with LAT vs Navy is great for both sides.. LAT gets their game in Dallas, and UNT plays in DFW.. LAT may not like the Navy match up because of them possibly not being ranked but its a solid name for them to be matched up with.

But the real question is, why is the HoD viewed as a bigger bowl than AF? is the payout bigger? 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Honestly UNT vs Army in FTW with LAT vs Navy is great for both sides.. LAT gets their game in Dallas, and UNT plays in DFW.. LAT may not like the Navy match up because of them possibly not being ranked but its a solid name for them to be matched up with.

But the real question is, why is the HoD viewed as a bigger bowl than AF? is the payout bigger? 

The HOD has a tie in to a P5 team.  That is the draw.  The payout is irrelevant since the money goes to the conference.  The trouble is, that the HOD has had trouble getting a P5 in the game since they are so far down the P5 pecking order.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

13 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

I still have questions

On the flip side, where else would North Texas go? I have doubts they let us play Navy in what could be a blowout, at least in their eyes. The other options such as Vegas, Arizona, Cure, etc. are all being filled up with other teams. 

5 minutes ago, ChristopherRyanWilkes said:

On the flip side, where else would North Texas go? 

I agree (Army vs North Texas) and (Navy vs LaTech) make sense, but I am not sure how HoD can pass on LaTech because all non APR teams have to be seated first.  

HoD is a contracted bowl slot with CUSA, can they leave a CUSA eligible bowl team to wait for an APR team?  I guess the real question is does LaTech want the HoD instead of the Armed Forces enough to complain.  

11 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

I agree (Army vs North Texas) and (Navy vs LaTech) make sense, but I am not sure how HoD can pass on LaTech because all non APR teams have to be seated first.  

HoD is a contracted bowl slot with CUSA, can they leave a CUSA eligible bowl team to wait for an APR team?  I guess the real question is does LaTech want the HoD instead of the Armed Forces enough to complain.  

I thought the same but then someone reminded me of the golden rule: those with the gold make the rules. These are both ESPN games, and I am sure they have kindly "negotiated around" these little rules. 

Edited by ChristopherRyanWilkes

16 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

LOL!!  In what universe?

image.jpeg

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.jpeg

image.png

image.png

image.png

Rick

Underwhelming amenities, clearly a glossed up old stadium, little legacy, poor sight lines. Cotton Bowl any day of the week. Not to mention TCU's awful in-game presentation.

Cotton Bowl is a classic no-frills stadium with a good atmosphere empty or full with good sight lines and a fun legacy. 

It's like going to Wrigley or Fenway. Not the best "stadium" but the aura emanating from it makes up for any shortcomings.

Edited by Ryan Munthe
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, Cerebus said:

I may hoping for UNT/Army in FTW... game could be sold sold out wth the free tickets by the bowl to Vets and UNT fanbase

• Downvote 1