Turn down the invite

emmitt01

Just now, MeanGreenDan said:

Turn it down. This team is improved, but does not deserve a bowl.

Why... so someone like a 5-7 UCLA can take it? 

FOR ONCE the NCAA has a rule that doesn't unfairly disadvantage G5 teams vs P5 teams.   We are getting slotted in front of P5 teams because we did better than them in the classroom.    If we turned a bowl invite down another 5-7 team would take it, maybe a P5 team... what sense does that make.

The knee jerking from this fan base is incredible.  When we beat Army everyone was convinced we would win CUSA, now we shouldn't even go to a bowl game that we worked hard to qualify for.

I'm thankful a pragmatic level headed guy like The Wren™ is in charge.  

It would be tough to not accept a Bowl invite that you got because of your work in the classroom. Not sure that sends a good message. 

I like the message getting rewarded for APR sends. 

Plus I get to watch another MG game. It's depressing during bowl season when we're not included.

Edited by TheColonyEagle
  • Upvote 4

Just now, LongJim said:

God forbid UNT ever catch a break. All you ever hear on this forum is how UNT continually gets "jobbed".

The one time they don't get jobbed and actually qualify based on the rules, and folks want to bitch about it.  Ridiculous . 

Oh so if people feel like:

A.) There are too many BS Bowls added to College Football in the first place

B.) That a sub-mediocre record is not acceptable (while it is a great improvement over last year) 

C.) That "grades" shouldn't be getting teams into said too many extra Bowl Games

D.) That winning or losing in one of these scrub bowl games is hardly going to be a major factor in swaying recruits' decisions to commit to us.  Go ask how many committed truly because of beating a crappy UNLV team in the HOD. 

Then we are bitching?  It's about standards and what you are trying to tell these guys as a unit and as a team.  That less than mediocre SHOULD NOT get you into a bowl game. Extra practice is greatly needed but I am not sure it outweighs the negative message you send to them by celebrating a sub .500 year.  

Naw. This is disgusting. Absolutely pitiful. I am absolutely not sold on tgis team or staff. We CONTINUOUSLY let shit teams look good. And these bozos talking about Littrell getting national coach of the year by getting "this team to 5 wins" should be kicked off the radio team. We're playing mothafucreaking UTEP and getting blasted. This performance alone somebody on that D staff needs to go. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 16

6 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

Naw. This is disgusting. Absolutely pitiful. I am absolutely not sold on tgis team or staff. We CONTINUOUSLY let shit teams look good. And these bozos talking about Littrell getting national coach of the year by getting "this team to 5 wins" should be kicked off the radio team. We're playing mothafucreaking UTEP and getting blasted. This performance alone somebody on that D staff needs to go. 

With all respect to the team...these are a bunch of nobody's. Our top talent coming in is what...Alabama's 3rd string bench warmer?

Winning anything with them is a blessing. Winning 5 is a miracle. Getting them into an APR bowl game probably will end the universe short of it's own heat death.

Those awful TV movies about underdogs winning the game? that's us now. And we won 5. with nobody's. But 6-6 would have been really really cool.

Edited by Udomann
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

This is really a ridiculous topic.  Get an invite?  Take it. Period.  The team played well all season, better than expected.  Take it.  Injury and suspension cost us this last one. Take it. Academics are great. Take it. Seniors have been through hell. Take it.  F'n take it and stop whining. 

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 2

293 yards for their running back...so far

Anyone who thinks recruits will sign because we went to a lower tier bowl game are deluding themselves.  

There are VERY FEW bowl eligible teams that I would pick us against.  We will be 5-8 when it's all over.  

Extra practice time, and extra practice time alone, will be the benefit of a bowl if we go to one.  

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 8

21 minutes ago, All About UNT said:

Oh so if people feel like:

A.) There are too many BS Bowls added to College Football in the first place

B.) That a sub-mediocre record is not acceptable (while it is a great improvement over last year) 

C.) That "grades" shouldn't be getting teams into said too many extra Bowl Games

D.) That winning or losing in one of these scrub bowl games is hardly going to be a major factor in swaying recruits' decisions to commit to us.  Go ask how many committed truly because of beating a crappy UNLV team in the HOD. 

Then we are bitching?  It's about standards and what you are trying to tell these guys as a unit and as a team.  That less than mediocre SHOULD NOT get you into a bowl game. Extra practice is greatly needed but I am not sure it outweighs the negative message you send to them by celebrating a sub .500 year.  

Yeah, it's bitching. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, All About UNT said:

In my opinion... losing at least 52-24 to what was a 3 win UTEP team to finish 5-7 shouldn't earn you an extra 35K. Plus we lost to UTSA. I'm still pissed about that.

Edited by Side Show Joe
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1