One year ago today...

dmaxel

eak6C18.jpg

A day that we strive to never let happen again. Not even close. So far we're on the right track to hopefully never see something like this again. Thanks to Seth Littrell, Wren Baker, and everyone else who's had a hand in the progress we've already seen. Looking forward to less of this and more of what should be a very bright future.

Go Mean Green!

Edited by dmaxel
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

I would be happy burying that game all talk about it and any references to said game, deep down. Fully repressed. Never to hear of such a thing ever ever again. In fact I think full denial is the correct path I believe.  

It never actually happened just a prank on the media and fan base. I am not sure what we are talking about.  

This showed up on my facebook memories today.  The comment I made was "No. Seriously. For the long-term, this is the best thing that could happen to us.  "

It was painful in the moment, but even while it was going on, I knew it would net a positive long-term outcome.  By halftime, I was over it, and stayed the whole game just to see how bad it would get. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, oldguystudent said:

This showed up on my facebook memories today.  The comment I made was "No. Seriously. For the long-term, this is the best thing that could happen to us.  "

It was painful in the moment, but even while it was going on, I knew it would net a positive long-term outcome.  By halftime, I was over it, and stayed the whole game just to see how bad it would get. 

Games like that fully incapacitate any reason I might possess, likewise prescience.  And if you read the threads here after blowouts, you know that I'm not alone.  So congrats.

2 hours ago, KingDL1 said:

I would be happy burying that game all talk about it and any references to said game, deep down. Fully repressed. Never to hear of such a thing ever ever again. In fact I think full denial is the correct path I believe.  

It never actually happened just a prank on the media and fan base. I am not sure what we are talking about.  

What are you talking about?  I think Mason Fine will be a fine QB for the next few years.

• Upvote 2

We held our annual family and friends BBQ this weekend, the sixth. My wife's cousin, an Aggie grad, and his wife, a UT grad, bring up their 1000 pound smoker, a TV, a golf cart, tables, his dad's three bean BBQ beans and brisket, ham, pork loin and a few pork chops to help us early risers make it to 4 pm serving. We served 57 this year. 

Why is this relevant? We are 5-1 in BBQ games. The one "loss:" last year's game vs Portland State. Six for six on positive outcomes, if you ask me.

Trying to talk Senor Smoke into smoking the meat for us every game now.

One last note: Cousin's wife, the UT grad? Went to high school with Jeffrey Wilson's mom, LaVonda. They join us every BBQ game and father Jeff predicted the win about three hours before kickoff.

GMG

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, untcampbell said:

We held our annual family and friends BBQ this weekend, the sixth. My wife's cousin, an Aggie grad, and his wife, a UT grad, bring up their 1000 pound smoker, a TV, a golf cart, tables, his dad's three bean BBQ beans and brisket, ham, pork loin and a few pork chops to help us early risers make it to 4 pm serving. We served 57 this year. 

Why is this relevant? We are 5-1 in BBQ games. The one "loss:" last year's game vs Portland State. Six for six on positive outcomes, if you ask me.

Trying to talk Senor Smoke into smoking the meat for us every game now.

One last note: Cousin's wife, the UT grad? Went to high school with Jeffrey Wilson's mom, LaVonda. They join us every BBQ game and father Jeff predicted the win about three hours before kickoff.

GMG

And your address is...?

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, HoustonEagle said:

Best thing that ever happened to this program. Well, second best.  Neal Smatresk being number one. 

Maybe, but 26-7 would probably have been just as effective.

This probably explains why yesterday was not a good day.  Work was not fun ... had a kid at home make a really bad decision ... fitting it was on the one year anniversary of this game.  

i guess what bother me the most about the game was how little the players cared they were getting destroyed.  They were looking up at the fans and were not engaged in the game.  I would love to know what happened or didnt happen leading up to the game.  No way we should have got our asses kicked that bad.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, southsideguy said:

i guess what bother me the most about the game was how little the players cared they were getting destroyed.  They were looking up at the fans and were not engaged in the game.  I would love to know what happened or didnt happen leading up to the game.  No way we should have got our asses kicked that bad.

I was told before the game the decision had been made to fire Dan McCarney. He would coach the Portland State game and the WKU game that Thursday. That would give Chico almost a week and a half to try to get the team back.