Lodging

MeanGreenTXN

Your best lodging options in Denton are located on University right off of i35 (You can see Apoger from the exit in the distance). There are 2 or 3 quality hotels right over there. If you get a 3rd or 4th floor room facing south you'll have a nice view of Apogee while prepping early that morning. 

As far as things to do, that's dependent on age. You can always have an enjoyable afternoon on and around the square with several places to eat and good places to grab a drink. You can always tailgate up on the east side of Apogee as well. 

3 minutes ago, brooks91 said:

My company usually puts people up at the Hilton Garden south of 288 or the Hampton Inn north of teasley. Those are probably the best reviewed hotels in Denton.

Yes, there are a few good lodging options back behind Denton Medical Center Hospital. 

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

I highly recommend the amenities of the Apogee tailgate areas.   Conveniently located adjacent to the Victory Hall parking lot, they offer ample space for RV's, tents or even a nice slumber under the stars.  BYOB and open all night Friday this well kept secret is the destination of choice for the discerning Mean Green fan.  

I'll be definitely doing this for the opener this year. 

• Upvote 3

It depends on your budget and entourage. I have stayed more than once at the Hilton Garden Inn that Aldo references above and enjoyed it. It is about four miles to Apogee  but I have stayed there for the Jazz Festival, so close was not important. I confess I have also stayed more than once at the Super 8 at 35 and Teasley and obviously lived to tell the tale, plus saved a few bucks I could spend on "refreshments". It is closer to Apogee, and was comfortable. I have never stayed anywhere else in Denton, so I can't comment further. I have the good fortune to be able to drive it, door to stadium, in less than 45 minutes so I don't stay overnight for football. Having said that, due to the current highway construction clusterf, I'm going to allow more travel time.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:

Your best lodging options in Denton are located on University right off of i35 (You can see Apoger from the exit in the distance). There are 2 or 3 quality hotels right over there. If you get a 3rd or 4th floor room facing south you'll have a nice view of Apogee while prepping early that morning. 

As far as things to do, that's dependent on age. You can always have an enjoyable afternoon on and around the square with several places to eat and good places to grab a drink. You can always tailgate up on the east side of Apogee as well. 

Yes, there are a few good lodging options back behind Denton Medical Center Hospital. 

Uber. 

• Upvote 5

We stay at the LA Quinta on 35...not for home games, but for staycations...kids love it...indoor pool...breakfast...you would need to taxi/Uber to get to apogee...check the pinned thread of tailgating spots...more than welcome to join mine...enjoy and welcome

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

A tent is cheap and works just fine...I should know, this will be year 11 in a row

The wife, and Saturday coaching duties won't accommodate that lol

• Upvote 2

Guys, I can't thank y'all enough. I think we'll try the Hilton y'all seem to prefer and may even uber to avoid moving my truck in all the traffic.

I hope there's NT gear available for purchase somewhere around Apogee... Also that we dash smu to pieces.

Food ideas without going to dfw?

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, MeanGreenTXN said:

Guys, I can't thank y'all enough. I think we'll try the Hilton y'all seem to prefer and may even uber to avoid moving my truck in all the traffic.

I hope there's NT gear available for purchase somewhere around Apogee... Also that we dash smu to pieces.

Ohh yah. Mr frosty for a shake, every restaurant on the square, and Unt gear for sale at Voertman's bookstore AND at Apogee store located inside Apogee.  Tons of options. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, GMG24 said:

Ohh yah. Mr frosty for a shake, every restaurant on the square, and Unt gear for sale at Voertman's bookstore AND at Apogee store located inside Apogee.  Tons of options. 

^, also the loop 288 Walmart has a ton of UNT apparel. It will be much cheaper there. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, MeanGreenTXN said:

For openers, there is a Texas Roadhouse less than a block from the Hilton...a very short walk. Don't move the truck. If that doesn't fix you, there are good places within 2 - 3 miles without having to drive 35.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, MeanGreenTXN said:

Awesome. I'm fired up. 

Not sure what the view will be like in section 108.

Thank y'all so much!

Haven't sat there but I've got a pretty good idea. If you are up enough rows from the field to give you some perspective, they should be fine. Seats in Apogee are like women...some are better than others, but they are all good!

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, MeanGreenTXN said:

Awesome. I'm fired up. 

Not sure what the view will be like in section 108.

Thank y'all so much!

Try this link and click on your section. You should get a picture of a representative view.

http://www.meangreenmap.com/apogeeseating.html

• Upvote 1