MGB: QB dominoes starting to fall in '17 in C-USA/Texas

Brett Vito

"Who Are The Top Remaining Uncommitted 2017 QB Recruits?".

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2646050-who-are-the-top-remaining-uncommitted-2017-qb-recruits

"Consider this the perfect time for coaches to find those quarterback gems who are rated 3-star or below. Many of the high school 3-stars can play the game at the next level.

Take Jake Haener as exhibit A. Or Chase Garbers as exhibit B. Or Tyler Lytle as exhibit C. Haener and Garbers were participants in the Elite 11 Finals two weekends ago. Lytlehas 25 reported offers, the majority of them coming from FBS programs.

bdc94816beb7d7a94badcd1e1dbd5485_crop_ex

Credit: Student Sports
Tyler Lytle is a 3-star quarterback who could be a major contributor at the next level.

There are also those quarterbacks just looking for a breakout opportunity. Nick Sipe is a 3-star with likable physical measurements at 6'4" and 191 pounds. Seth Washington is unrated but has eight reported offers, including UTEP, North Texas and Ivy League schools Cornell and Brown.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Not sure why NT has to sign any QB at this point.  Not stating that any of these QBs wouldn't be good at NT, but overall it is not like any of these players are sure things at the next level.  I hope Littrell and group don't commit to anyone at this time, just to have a player committed.  

I think prior coaching staffs made big mistakes by committing borderline players early.  

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

"There was an expectation among UNT fans for a big fish. It might be time to adjust those expectations a bit."

No.

We got these coaches in here to build us a better program. They need to work there mojo and land us quality recruits at every position. I don't expect us to steal the Longhorn's top QB prospect, but our new staff needs to be able to sway a kid that is also considering NIU or LA Tech. With the exception of 2013, "adjusting our expectations" has given us a decade of failure on the field. I don't want to hear excuses. Reel them in.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Side Show Joe said:

"There was an expectation among UNT fans for a big fish. It might be time to adjust those expectations a bit."

No.

We got these coaches in here to build us a better program. They need to work there mojo and land us quality recruits at every position. I don't expect us to steal the Longhorn's top QB prospect, but our new staff needs to be able to sway a kid that is also considering NIU or LA Tech. With the exception of 2013, "adjusting our expectations" has given us a decade of failure on the field. I don't want to hear excuses. Reel them in.

This is Vito just Vitoing us. He has no allegiance to UNT. His expectations are irrelevant and his opinions typically moot.  

8 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

Why don't you check out his video and tell us what you think?

Doesn't matter what I think. If us and UTEP are the only FBS programs going after this guy it tells me all I need to know. He isn't a "big fish" and Vito is telling us to just settle. I refuse. I know settling is something that I have seen from you however. 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 8

1 minute ago, Ben Gooding said:

This is Vito just Vitoing us. He has no allegiance to UNT. His expectations are irrelevant and his opinions typically moot.  

Doesn't matter what I think. If us and UTEP are the only FBS programs going after this guy it tells me all I need to know. He isn't a "big fish" and Vito is telling us to just settle. I refuse. I know settling is something that I have seen from you however. 

Thank you again for in-depth intelligent analysis! GMG

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

There was an expectation out there that highly rated quarterbacks with big-time offers were going to come running to Denton to play for two highly regarded coaches in Seth Littrell and Graham Harrell.

In one case that was true. UNT did land Alabama transfer Alec Morris.

The Mean Green then added Oklahoma Locust Grove product Mason Fine, who was a highly productive player without many other options because of his size.

UNT could soon find out who it will land as far as a quarterback in the Class of 2017.

There was an expectation among UNT fans for a big fish. It might be time to adjust those expectations a bit

Oh that @Brett Vito, its amazing how a new coaching staff can change your attitude about a guy.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

2 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:

Timothy Tebow - Vitoing

Edited by TreeFiddy
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

"Pearson said he wants to consider his options"(paraphrased)

Thanks, Vito. That's the kind of of insightful yet hard hitting reporting we expect from you. Next, why not report live from a cat fashion show? 

I'd rather read the NT Daily than this joke. Plus, he looks like a vampire. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

2 hours ago, Side Show Joe said:

No.

Have you seen the Longhorns QB play the last few years?  May want to shoot higher for your comparisons

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

Have you seen the Longhorns QB play the last few years?  May want to shoot higher for your comparisons

I've seen him play in person...twice.  It's Shane Buechelle, Texas Rangers Steve Buechelle's son.  He graduated from Arlington Lamar last December and enrolled in January and immediately won the job in Spring ball.

Its no surprise to me at all.  The kid is quick, smart, finds the open man in a blink and can throw lasers anywhere on the field.  Reminds me a lot of Colt McCoy.

Rick

• Upvote 3