The Dude Does Not Abide

On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 11:42 AM, SilverEagle said:

Good post.

I would add that if new facilities (especially Apogee) and upgraded (somewhat) conference affiliation was supposed to get us much more competitive, then why haven't the recruits noticed? From what I observed during this last recruiting round our new (and young and energetic) staff struggled to get three or four or five star recruits to come here to visit much less sign on the dotted line. 

Why is that? If we really wanted to know how to improve our athletic department we ought to make contact with those players that we really wanted and who we thought we had a chance with, but went somewhere else. You can't buy anything on-line these days without that on-line company asking you to evaluate your buying, or near buying experience (I got a thank you from Sams for browsing their web-site) with them. Have we thought about doing the same thing?

Now, HERE is a volunteer project that I would gladly participate in. Give me a list of players and their contact information, that we targeted in the past to sign here but went another direction, and I will get this University some feed-back. 

That's assuming of course that this University, or more to the point, this athletic department, really wants honest feed-back from someone other than frustrated, disheartened and angry alumni.

Alumni contacting players from other teams.....what could go wrong there?????  Banned from any hopes of post season play forever, that is what could go wrong....Granted, we would have to get to a bowl to be banned from a bowl....but you get the gist.  NCAA is strict on player contact from Alumni for sure....

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

Alumni contacting players from other teams.....what could go wrong there?????  Banned from any hopes of post season play forever, that is what could go wrong....Granted, we would have to get to a bowl to be banned from a bowl....but you get the gist.  NCAA is strict on player contact from Alumni for sure....

I think he graduated from Rutgers, their coach encouraged the same on Twitter

Edited by UTSA Fan

17 hours ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

While I understand some of your point, it isn't a violation to contact another team's player.

16 hours ago, UTSA Fan said:

I think he graduated from Rutgers, their coach encouraged the same on Twitter ?

Twitter contact is permissible. Until the NCAA catches up to that one. Though it's possible they leave that alone, kids like getting Twitter 'love' and they can control when they get notifications and such so it's not as burdensome as receiving phone calls.

Some folks have no idea what other boards are like I suppose?  A poster of a competing Aggie board has a gif in his sig line of the owner of TexAgs.com deep throating a dildo.

Believe me,...most other college fan boards are several  times more demanding in holding their AD department accountable, and any lickbagger that doesn't is dealt with accordingly.

GMG is the Candy Land of fan message boards.

candy_land_board_game.jpg

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

2 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

Some folks have no idea what other boards are like I suppose?  A poster of a competing Aggie board has a gif in his sig line of the owner of TexAgs.com deep throating a dildo.

Believe me,...most other college fan boards are several  times more demanding in holding their AD department accountable, and any lickbagger that doesn't is dealt with accordingly.

So we shouldn't attempt to be better than others? If the other message boards were jumping off a bridge, would you do it too?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

29 minutes ago, forevereagle said:

So we shouldn't attempt to be better than others? If the other message boards were jumping off a bridge, would you do it too?

I don't think Rick is trying to justify anything, just trying to put perspective on things.

This is a public internet forum...a very tame one thanks to the moderators.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, greenminer said:

I don't think Rick is trying to justify anything, just trying to put perspective on things.

Fair enough, and I am glad for it. I would definitely not be here if it was as described.

1 hour ago, greenminer said:

Yeah, seriously.

I kind of chuckled when I read the original post in this thread. Online forums can seem to be fairly hostile places, but you need to remember that hostility/insults coming from a forum post aren't in any way the same as being insulted in a face-to-face argument. It's part of the fun IMO. This place is nothing like the other forums I go to.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, forevereagle said:

Nah, we should suck AD balls every chance we get, right?

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

5 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

Source? I want to share with an aggie coworker.

On 3/8/2016 at 0:28 PM, greenminer said:

I would prefer "somewhat civil". 

I know what FFR is talking about. I remember the last time we played Baylor and I went to that "Christian" school's fan web-site. After a few posts I had to go to my Baptist-raised-TWU-graduate-wife who said that when she was in college she and her friends used to call us (with tongue planted firmly against cheek) "that bunch of heathens across town" and say "please give me your definition of heathen again?. We're just a bunch of (using his best British accent) naughty boys compared to the Baptist version of Animal House down there in Waco". 

Edited by SilverEagle
  • Upvote 1

On 3/8/2016 at 0:28 PM, greenminer said:

1 hour ago, SilverEagle said:

I would prefer "somewhat civil". 

So... "Mostly Harmless"