Oct. 29 at UTSA
Nov. 5 LOUISIANA TECH
Nov. 12 at Western Kentucky
Nov. 19 SOUTHERN MISS
Nov. 26 at UTEP

And ALL games are on Saturdays!  Yay!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I won't be surprised to see our Marshall game changed to a Thursday night for TV.   Marshall is one of the better teams in our league and the conference office likes to highlight them.   Our stadium is a really good one for television.   When you look at the two things together it just makes sense to make the change. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, oldguystudent said:

That part will get changed later.  The schedule is always all Saturdays until CUSA interjects for television.

Yes, that's where the mid-week games come from. I saw the BigXII has to give several mid-week games to each of ESPN and Fox so it's not like CUSA is the only conference to do that. 

Just now, VideoEagle said:

Yes, that's where the mid-week games come from. I saw the BigXII has to give several mid-week games to each of ESPN and Fox so it's not like CUSA is the only conference to do that. 

Wasn't in any way meant to be a woe is us type post.  Tis the way of the college football these days.  Doesn't mean I have to like it.

18 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

This is correct. Expect at least one Thursday home game. This is RV we are talking about, 

RV sucks at mostly if not everything he does. This is something he has no control over. I want to know UNT is getting the opportunity to be on TV. If one of those opportunities fall on a Thursday then so be it. The Thursday night televised game in 2014 was a Godsend to this football program (that has since fizzled out). It's not that big of a deal. Now what our AD can do is market better in general. And way better. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

RV sucks at mostly if not everything he does. This is something he has no control over. I want to know UNT is getting the opportunity to be on TV. If one of those opportunities fall on a Thursday then so be it. The Thursday night televised game in 2014 was a Godsend to this football program (that has since fizzled out). It's not that big of a deal. Now what our AD can do is market better in general. And way better. 

2013, but I get it. 

Thing is, we are going to be really bad this year. And if this game is in late October, there may be 10k people there. Maybe. 

For both those reasons, I'm fine with no TV coverage at all this year. 

RV has no sway with the CUSA office to get anything done. Again, master negotiator he is not...

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 16

If Seth really kicks ass right off the bat, I could see as many as 6.  UTEP, Rice, and UTSA haven't been so hot lately, and I hope SMU hasn't jumped too far ahead yet.  Add in Bethune-Cookman and possibly Army, and we could be 6-6 if he gets us up to "moderate" for this season.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, THOR said:

I like the thursday night games...2 days off for me...day of tailgating...certain tv exposure...no issues with it

I love Thursday night and early Saturday kickoffs. It just screams college football to me. I don't know why so many here hate it?

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Got5onIt said:

I love Thursday night and early Saturday kickoffs. It just screams college football to me. I don't know why so many here hate it?

Early Saturday games have two major negatives and one minor one.

1: Early Saturday in the early season is scorching hot. Like small children and old people could get into some serious health issues hot.

2: They bump up to little league sports. Parents are going to watch their kids.

Minor: Less tailgating time.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Army of Dad said:

Early Saturday games have two major negatives and one minor one.

1: Early Saturday in the early season is scorching hot. Like small children and old people could get into some serious health issues hot.

2: They bump up to little league sports. Parents are going to watch their kids.

Minor: Less tailgating time.

thus, my kid is only allowed to play spring time sports...

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Got5onIt said:

I have vague memories of a time in my life when I was able to participate in recreational activities on week nights.  I'm not sure when that changed, but the very notion has become a foreign concept to me.  Work, particularly up to October 15th, is all consuming during the week.  I envy people who have less rigorous schedules (and domestic partners who help feed, clothe and otherwise tend to the kids).

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Army of Dad said:

For you, we could swap the minor and point 2 then.

?

early games are tough...the smu 11 am game had me set up and drinking the fabulous milwaukee's best light by 6 am...that was a rough day...

23 minutes ago, oldguystudent said:

I have vague memories of a time in my life when I was able to participate in recreational activities on week nights.  I'm not sure when that changed, but the very notion has become a foreign concept to me.  I envy people who have less rigorous schedules (and domestic partners who help feed, clothe and otherwise tend to the kids).

that's why i teach...leave school every day at 345...ahhhhhh

Edited by THOR

14 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:

Just curious?  When you talked to Ernie the other day, did you say to his face "RV sucks at mostly if not everything he does"?  Or do you have enough guts to do that anywhere but a message board?  Maybe you should take him up on his offer to sit with him during the games, so instead of throwing stones at people that are out in front trying really hard to give this program the resources to be successful, you might get a little different perspective.

Edited by flyonthewall
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 4