Schedule is out

Moobs

7 minutes ago, flyonthewall said:

Just curious?  When you talked to Ernie the other day, did you say to his face "RV sucks at mostly if not everything he does"?  Or do you have enough guts to do that anywhere but a message board?  Maybe you should take him up on his offer to sit with him during the games, so instead of throwing stones at people that are out in front trying really hard to give this program the resources to be successful, you might get some a little different perspective.

Actually, he is giving RV resources in the hopes that RV is successful. This isn't about UNT, otherwise an obvious poor administrator over athletics would have been removed long ago. 

I just wonder where Ernie stands on Benford being extended. Is he ok with it to protect RV's pride? 

I'm betting yes. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

7 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

Actually, he is giving RV resources in the hopes that RV is successful. This isn't about UNT, otherwise an obvious poor administrator over athletics would have been removed long ago. 

I just wonder where Ernie stands on Benford being extended. Is he ok with it to protect RV's pride? 

I'm betting yes. 

"YEAH< BUT I HAD SEX WITH YOUR WIFE........"  should have gone with jerk store

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

9 hours ago, Got5onIt said:

I love Thursday night and early Saturday kickoffs. It just screams college football to me. I don't know why so many here hate it?

The SMU 11:00 am game was an absolute scheduling nightmare. It was in the upper 90's with full sun. I am all for October/November 11:00 games and think they are fun. No school in Texas(except nUTSAck and their crappy dome) should schedule games in early September before 6:00 pm.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Eagle-96 said:

The SMU 11:00 am game was an absolute scheduling nightmare. It was in the upper 90's with full sun. I am all for October/November 11:00 games and think they are fun. No school in Texas(except nUTSAck and their crappy dome) should schedule games in early September before 6:00 pm.

Complain to the TV folks as I am sure that had everything to do with the start time and nothing with either of the schools playing the game.

EDIT:

When it was announced that the game was to be nationally broadcast by FOX Sports, kick-off was set for 11 AM.  The next year, when TV wasn't a factor, the game started at 6 PM.

So, if you want a early evening kick-off around 6:00 PM, then pray the game is not picked up for TV.

Edited by UNTFan23
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

2 hours ago, flyonthewall said:

Just curious?  When you talked to Ernie the other day, did you say to his face "RV sucks at mostly if not everything he does"?  Or do you have enough guts to do that anywhere but a message board?  Maybe you should take him up on his offer to sit with him during the games, so instead of throwing stones at people that are out in front trying really hard to give this program the resources to be successful, you might get a little different perspective.

Not throwing stones. Only thing I care about on an athletic stance is W's vs L's. Not exactly sure where RV's hires sit in that regard, but I know it's really, really bad. Just this year alone the worst overall record in revenue sports in the conference falls in his lap. His UNT tenure isn't much more becoming if at all. These are not stones being casted. These are facts, just facts. If this is the product of him, "trying really hard" then that all but solidifies him needing to leave. As far as my stance on this, if someone talks with me they know my position afterwards. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

16 hours ago, Huff said:

I won't be surprised to see our Marshall game changed to a Thursday night for TV.   Marshall is one of the better teams in our league and the conference office likes to highlight them.   Our stadium is a really good one for television.   When you look at the two things together it just makes sense to make the change. 

That would be a good thing, since that Saturday is TX-OU.  Although, if we have to have a game the same day as TX-OU, Marshall is about as good as a draw as it can get.  Might as well make it Homecoming too - that at least got people to tailgate last year.

4 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

Not throwing stones. Only thing I care about on an athletic stance is W's vs L's. Not exactly sure where RV's hires sit in that regard, but I know it's really, really bad. Just this year alone the worst overall record in revenue sports in the conference falls in his lap. His UNT tenure isn't much more becoming if at all. These are not stones being casted. These are facts, just facts. If this is the product of him, "trying really hard" then that all but solidifies him needing to leave. As far as my stance on this, if someone talks with me they know my position afterwards. 

Disregard the "I bet you won't say that to his face" crap. It's really juvenile intimidation tactics. If Ernie or Fly ever wanted to have a conversation with me about how I feel about RV and their WAY WAY too close relationship with him, I would gladly oblige. But I would never approach them, because that is rude. And they know that.

All this "you'd never say it to his face" tough guy crap is kinda ridiculous. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

If Ernie or Fly ever wanted to have a conversation with me about how I feel about RV and their WAY WAY too close relationship with him, I would gladly oblige.

Maybe this didn't come out the way you intended, but if anyone questioned me about my relationship with any other person I would probably tell them to take a flying f at rolling doughnut.

• Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, Ryan Munthe said:

This is an incredibly pathetic post. Even for you. Trashing our donors is incredibly stupid and shortsighted of you.

I'm not trashing anyone. Ernie and Fly are close personal friends of Rick Villarreal. I feel that friendship colors their opinion of Rick Villarreal's job performance. Fly only posts in defense of RV these days. 

Just because you gave money doesn't exempt you from scrutiny. This is 'Merica, after all.

Maybe you should have been critical of Fly when he posted that no other donors matter but the 17. That post should have given you insight into how the big donors really feel about you, the low level MGC member. Where were you when that post went down? Working at the AD?

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

6 hours ago, oldguystudent said:

I have vague memories of a time in my life when I was able to participate in recreational activities on week nights.  I'm not sure when that changed, but the very notion has become a foreign concept to me.  Work, particularly up to October 15th, is all consuming during the week.  I envy people who have less rigorous schedules (and domestic partners who help feed, clothe and otherwise tend to the kids).

Didn't even think about my kids and their Saturday games. But you all are right, my kiddies games always come first. I did consider leaving practice early just to make it to the Thursday night game on time....