Bowman Sells

Wag Tag

38 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

He seems pretty excited about houston. And in Tom Herman radio interview today he talk about his qb recruit being okay and aware of Kyle Allens and houston mutual interest even before he committed 

Ok kid you have been a stud for the last 2 years but you are going to have to sit for the next 3! Could check out UNT start in I year be coached by one of the best college Qbs in Texad history and put on sunglasses so you can look at the ring! Just say m .

2 hours ago, NorthTexan95 said:

Who says he'll sit for three?  No guarantee Kyle Allen is the starter for his entire Houston career.   

I get your point but If he's healthy I think it's as close to a guarantee as you can get. I think it's a point you Sell to Bowman if you are a UNT coach recruiting him.

10 hours ago, Wag Tag said:

Ok kid you have been a stud for the last 2 years but you are going to have to sit for the next 3! Could check out UNT start in I year be coached by one of the best college Qbs in Texad history and put on sunglasses so you can look at the ring! Just say m .

I agree with you completely. But I think this is why there has been such a rise in transfer the last few years. Kids don't take playing time into effect, or the chance of getting home sick. They just see "h-town takeover" "tom Herman grill" and bowl win over FSU. Then two years of sitting the bench behind Allen he gets unhappy then looks to transfer. Not saying he will transfer or can't best out kyle allen. But the odds aren't in his favor of alot of playing time.

• Upvote 3

12 hours ago, Wag Tag said:

Yeah, I know what you're saying but most programs sign good QBs every single class, and the good coaches like Herman can keep them. Despite how playing time may look.

13 hours ago, Wag Tag said:

He committed early with a promise they would not sign another QB. Just a theory!

Oh really? Any proof of this? Considering that we also have a commitment from 4-star dual threat qb D'eriq King, I'd go on a limb and say that you're just running your mouth on something you clearly know absolutely nothing about. Plus he's supposed to be enrolling this Spring IIRC.

Edited by Cougar King
  • Downvote 5

48 minutes ago, Cougar King said:

Oh really? Any proof of this? Considering that we also have a commitment from 4-star dual threat qb D'eriq King, I'd go on a limb and say that you're just running your mouth on something you clearly know absolutely nothing about. Plus he's supposed to be enrolling this Spring IIRC.

14 hours ago, Wag Tag said:

He committed early with a promise they would not sign another QB. Just a theory!

Chill bruh. It's all speculation, ain't nobody attacking you. Then again you're known for being kind of a douche so I guess you're living up to your reputation.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Cougar King said:

Did you take English in college? Just a theory ? 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Cougar King said:

King is a 4-Star "athlete"

The only reason he is committed to UH is because the TCU coaches were actually honest with him about his chances to play QB.  Cougar High came in and sold him on the lie that they saw him as a D1 QB and promised that's where he'd play. 

They also lied to him and said he and Sells were the only QBs they were taking and would compete for job once Ward is gone.  King is the recruit (not Sells) that Herman had to do damage control on following the Allen transfer. 

Herman and the Coogs better be careful about making promises they can't/won't keep.

What tangled webs we weave when first we practice to deceive.  

• Downvote 1

King is listed as a 3-star athlete by Rivals, a 3-star dual threat QB by 247 and a 4-star athlete by ESPN.  At a Sparq verified 5'10" and 161 lbs., I would find it difficult to believe that he would succeed at QB on the FBS/FCS level.

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

King is listed as a 3-star athlete by Rivals, a 3-star dual threat QB by 247 and a 4-star athlete by ESPN.  At a Sparq verified 5'10" and 161 lbs., I would find it difficult to believe that he would succeed at QB on the FBS/FCS level.

Our current starting QB Ward Jr has the exact same measurables (he was 5'10 165 lbs when he took over the starting job last year) as King yet is 19-2 as a starter, including a 13-0 record as a starter this year (the loss to UCONN, Ward was out with an injury so the backup started) and a Heisman candidate going into his senior year which by your logic, shouldn't have been able to compete as a starting FBS quarterback.

Tate Martell, the #1 class of 2017 QB is also 5'10 and 160-170 lbs. If he even remotely looked in UNTs direction, there would be a million threads on here about it.

Of course, considering you're a UNT fan and the fact that UNT has never had an elite QB which is obvious considering the decades of losing including giving up 66 to an FCS team, you wouldn't know what one looks like.

Edited by Cougar King
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

3 minutes ago, Cougar King said:

Our current starting QB Ward Jr has the exact same measurables (he was 5'10 165 lbs when he took over the starting job last year) as King yet is 19-2 as a starter, including a 13-0 record as a starter this year (the loss to UCONN, Ward was out with an injury so the backup started) and a Heisman candidate going into his senior year which by your logic, shouldn't have been able to compete as a starting FBS quarterback.

Tate Martell, the #1 class of 2017 QB is also 5'10 and 160-170 lbs. If he even remotely looked in UNTs direction, there would be a million threads on here about it.

Of course, considering you're a UNT fan and the fact that UNT has never had an elite QB which is obvious considering the decades of losing including giving up 66 to an FCS team, you wouldn't know what one looks like.

Didn't know giving up 66 points was because of our incompetence at QB. Thanks though. 

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, Cougar King said:

Why are you here...?

• Upvote 2