DeVante Kincade watch

ADLER

56 minutes ago, James329 said:

Webb wouldn't affect Kincade in 2017. So unless it's for a qb with multiple years left, or a a highly regarded HS recruit we are promising 2017 playing time to, I don't see why we wouldn't be interested in Kincade. 

If Kinkade is out it would be obvious we are lining up a better option. GMG

7 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

I really don' see who we could have in mind. If kincade comes here, that gives us two p5 qb transfers for consecutive years so we aren't starting a red shirt freshman in 2017. Unless that RSF is a borderline 3/4 star qb or up I don't like it.

It is a lot easier to sell a 3-4 star recruit ( and based on Billys approval of the offer list) to RS with the Bama guy playing and then you are the man with 4 years of eligibility. Seth had said he wanted HS recruits. I am hoping next week is as awesome as today! GooooooooooMG

• Upvote 2

Now wait, nobody says you can't own a gun. Nobody's even saying you can't carry a gun. All we're saying is you can't carry one in town. Now that's not so much to ask, is it?

--Lawman Virgil Earp to divided townspeople in the movie "Tombstone."

sam-elliot-2-600.jpg

Im just saying, lets wait to jump to conclusions and see what plays out

Edited by Withers940
  • Upvote 2

Or... maybe his release from Ole miss hasn't come through... Or he is walking on... or a variety of other possibilities including that he is not coming here after all. it sure would be nice to get a kid like this because he may be able to sway other kids who have the chance to go to the big schools and let them know that it isn't always the best idea regardless of how talented you are. . Also, I thought that he had a sickness in the family as well and that is why he wanted to transfer.  In that case, per my understanding of the new rules, he would sit out a year and still have the 2 years of eligibility left... or am I misunderstanding? 

Edited by MeanGreen13

2 hours ago, UNT90 said:

Could there be another transfer QB that Litrell favored over Kincade?

Sorry my head was in the sand I think I didn't know kincade was a qb I'm embarrassed . So we have Moris when ever he gets here and this kincade if he comes and Demarcus smith and Conner means and we haven't seen means so the first ever real possibility of Qb   Competition ?

1 hour ago, ABrownGMG said:

I read that Kincade was considering Houston. Maybe he was leaning strongly toward Houston and then the Kyle Allen news this morning affected his decision. 

This is what I was thinking. I think UNT might be the best for both parties so hopefully he comes here. Would be highest rated recruit according to ESPN since they started doing the ratings.

DeVante Kincade calls UNT his top choice

Former Ole Miss quarterback DeVante Kincade is still on the market and told the Denton Record-Chronicle on Tuesday that he is strongly considering playing for the Mean Green.

“I haven’t decided yet,” Kincade said. “I am still talking with my family, but UNT is my top choice.”

http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/2016/01/devante-kincade-update.html/

• Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, ADLER said:

Former Ole Miss quarterback DeVante Kincade is still on the market and told the Denton Record-Chronicle on Tuesday that he is strongly considering playing for the Mean Green.

“I haven’t decided yet,” Kincade said. “I am still talking with my family, but UNT is my top choice.”

Oh man! Christmas in January for the Mean Green faithful!

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, ADLER said:

Good news.

53 minutes ago, Eagle-96 said:

I think the saga surrounding Morris, Kincade, and English does one thing above all others. It gives us hope in the program. Something we haven't had in a long time. I'm not just talking about the hope all teams have when they hire a new coach. That kind of hope is sorta like a bottle rocket on the 4th of July. It is fun, exciting, and it fizzles out once the explosion happens. You can light another one but you'll get the same result. This hope is different. We are targeting, and GETTING, players that were 3 and 4 stars. Players offered by multiple P5 schools. SEC players. We are getting tangible results in the first month. I hope this is the snowball that starts the avalanche. This is going to be a fun ride. Let's just hope we don't pull a Jason Pierre-Paul.

Ya lets not get stupid with fireworks And blow up half his hand eh.