JUCO Ejiya Ejodamen LB - SIGNED LOI

TheReal_jayD

2 hours ago, Harry said:

This guy is really good.  What people don't know about him is he has put on a lot of good size.  He is already tall and very fast.  Let's hope we can land him.  He would be far away from home.

Don't disagree in the least and this makes me feel alot better about the guys we have offered who had small or no offers previously.  I really believe this staff can evaluate talent much better than the previous one.  Anyone can say the guy who will eventually be ranked 3-4 stars will be good it takes great evaluators and persistent film study to find these kids.  Hopefully he will appreciate our early interest however, I will never fault a kid for picking a school he thinks is the best fit for him.  I would love to see he and Joseph in Mean Green Uniforms next season though. 

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, GMG24 said:

Don't disagree in the least and this makes me feel alot better about the guys we have offered who had small or no offers previously.  I really believe this staff can evaluate talent much better than the previous one.  Anyone can say the guy who will eventually be ranked 3-4 stars will be good it takes great evaluators and persistent film study to find these kids.  Hopefully he will appreciate our early interest however, I will never fault a kid for picking a school he thinks is the best fit for him.  I would love to see he and Joseph in Mean Green Uniforms next season though. 

love the optimisim but if Gators come a knocking he aint going to be reppin the Mean Green Uniform

5 hours ago, TheReal_jayD said:

??

I drive a prius not sure he could fit! honestly not sure how i fit sometime but fuel economy is great.  12 dollars to fill it up and go 400+ miles cant complain

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

15 hours ago, GMG24 said:

This will obviously take a while to be substantiated, but this is certainly a fair assumption.

On January 28, 2016 at 4:46 PM, MEANGREENCOACH2 said:

love the optimisim but if Gators come a knocking he aint going to be reppin the Mean Green Uniform

I drive a prius not sure he could fit! honestly not sure how i fit sometime but fuel economy is great.  12 dollars to fill it up and go 400+ miles cant complain

Did the Gators offer? If not, there has to be a high probability that he's heading to Denton to play along side Will Johnson (how does two 6'3" 230lb LB's who can run sound?).

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, jtm0097 said:

He's on an official to Northern Iowa. 

Well, honestly, that's historically a very good FCS program, probably attractive to one who doesn't mind the cold.  That said, I hope we can convince him of a fit for the style of defense he has played, and a higher ceiling that can be reached in Denton.

29 minutes ago, eulessismore said:

Well, honestly, that's historically a very good FCS program, probably attractive to one who doesn't mind the cold.  That said, I hope we can convince him of a fit for the style of defense he has played, and a higher ceiling that can be reached in Denton.

We seem to be improving our LB core pretty quickly. He better jump on board or he will be left out in the cold! 

I think the new LB we got Johnson will play that Rover/ Hybrid spot in the 4-2-5. Johnsons hudl profile lists himself as a SS I believe with LB as well. Johnson seems like he is someone that could add like 10-15 lbs and it wouldn't effect him much, along with playing the rover/hybrid role he can cover but also attack while not having to take on OL as much, I believe.

2 minutes ago, baberuthbomber8 said:

Awesome that UNT beat out Florida for this kid, we don't know what Florida offered him in terms of if it was a scholarship or a PWO, but still awesome we have been out some Big 10, and SEC schools

Florida was recruiting his teammate Putu. That's why Mcelwain was in town.

Edited by BillySee58