A look back at the UNT 2015 HS signing class

Harry

54 Creighton Barr OL6-3302 FR Flower Mound, TX - Solid first season and starting several games as a true freshman.  Bright future.

80 Rodney BendyWR 6-5 196 FR Tyler, TX John Tyler HS - redshirt

82 D'Aundrey Bradley WR 6-2 180 FR Cedar Hill, TX Cedar Hill HS - left the program

34 Nate Brooks DB 6-0 170 FR Whitehouse, TX Whitehouse HS - future star.  All C-USA as freshman

15 Caleb Chumley QB 6-5 240 FR Longview, TX Pine Tree HS - redshirt.  Needs to change positions?  Bigger than 240 now. 

93 Julius Combes DT 6-1 313 FR Washington, D.C. DeMatha HS - redshirt

86 Kevin Dillman TE 6-4 249 FR Denton, TX Guyer HS - redshirt.  Will he stay at Tight end cause we need him there.

97 DeMikal Harrison DT 6-3 324 FR Midwest City, OK Midwest City HS - considering leaving the program?

95 Eli Howard DE 6-4 247 FR San Angelo, TX Central HS - redshirt

51 Darrien McNair LB 6-3 223 FR Ocala, FL Trinity Catholic HS - redshirt

68 Chett Munden OL 6-5 305 FR Marshall, TX Marshall HS - redshirt

71 Jordan Murray OL 6-9 360 FR Coppell, TX Coppell HS - started much of the year.  Impressive size and showing.

41 Ashton Preston DB 5-10 183 FR Edmond, OK Santa Fe HS - played a lot.  special teams.  keeper.

39 Taylor Robinson DB 5-11 191 FR Keller, TX Central HS - redshirt

87 Kelvin Smith TE 6-2 252 FR Spring, TX Dekaney HS - redshirt

98 R.D. Wegmann DT 6-3 265 FR Wichita Falls, TX Rider HS - redshirt

77 Elex Woodworth OL 6-4 284 FR Mesquite, TX Horn HS - redshirt

49 Roderick Young DT 6-1 287 FR Spring, TX Dekaney HS - started much of the season.  immediate impact player.

timeline off a year womp. But he was part of a staff who burned a redshirt the final game of the season... For what? 

Chico arrived for the '10 season. '09 Arky State was all Dodge because he had no other quarterback in Jonesboro to take snaps and he thought he was coaching for his job, We almost won that game. DT went down in the 2nd or 3rd game of the next season so it was ultimately a moot point. But the point I'm trying to make is that Chico was nowhere near DT's redshirt burn.

• Upvote 4

Murray may be more successful if he were to be moved to guard.

Rick

I'm certainly no coach and provably input less than ffrick, but if you were gonna convert a guy that size, wouldn't it be ideal to put him on the other side of the ball for the very reason that he could eat up passing lane space? Ignorant question asked out of curiosity.

I'm certainly no coach and provably input less than ffrick, but if you were gonna convert a guy that size, wouldn't it be ideal to put him on the other side of the ball for the very reason that he could eat up passing lane space? Ignorant question asked out of curiosity.

That's a very good question.  He certainly should be in on special teams/field goal block..and maybe he is but I've not noticed?  But probably doesn't have the quickness to play D line.

Rick

• Upvote 1

1.Preston/Brooks combo will be Nasty by theit senior year!

2. Rod Young could be best player in class!

3 Howard will be a very solid edge rusher for next few years 

4. Murray and Barr look like solid lineman in future

5. Mcnair has chance to start next year

6. Dillman is a wild card. Think littrell will Def find a used for him 

7. Woodworth seemed athletic for 284. Would like to see him moved to other side of theach ball.

• Upvote 2

Chico arrived for the '10 season. '09 Arky State was all Dodge because he had no other quarterback in Jonesboro to take snaps and he thought he was coaching for his job, We almost won that game. DT went down in the 2nd or 3rd game of the next season so it was ultimately a moot point. But the point I'm trying to make is that Chico was nowhere near DT's redshirt burn.

Can I minus one myself? lol Thanks for clearing it up.  

Chico, wherever you are I apologize.  

Edited by GMG24
  • Upvote 1

Why? He was a true freshman who is in his 3rd full year of playing football.  He did not start playing football until he was a Junior in HS.  Also, due to McCarney and Co.'s inability to recruit he was forced to play far to early before he was truly ready.  He could have benefited from a ton of Practice reps vs having to learn as he goes.  I have no doubt he will (in time) become a very good football and an anchor for the left side of the line.