It's quiet in here tonight and I think I know why

Harry

Now watch OU get playoff consideration bc of this W over a 2nd string QB. OU lost to pitiful UT. There should be no such talk, but they will because people are dumb. 

I think OU insured the Big12 will be left out of the playoffs again. Even though OU will probably run the table against TCU and OSU, the committee won't place them in the top 4 with that loss to Texas on their resume.

• Upvote 2

Well didn't Ohio State get into the top 4 with a loss on their record last year?

I'm not politicking for OU. I'm not an OU fan. But, I think we can all agree that the playoff committee doesn't view all programs equally. The whole system seems corrupt to me. I think at the end of the season most Big12 programs and fans will agree.

I'm not in tune with everything going on in CFB and the Big XII, but I gather this hurts the Big XII more than it helps OU.

Bingo.

• Upvote 3

I think OU insured the Big12 will be left out of the playoffs again. Even though OU will probably run the table against TCU and OSU, the committee won't place them in the top 4 with that loss to Texas on their resume.

I disagree.  IF they run the table and beat TCU and Okie Lite that will give them two more "quality" wins (not sure how much quality there is in Big XII wins).  Looking at the four slots that are available that puts them up against. 

SEC- a lock if Bama wins out (and a big maybe if Florida wins the SEC title game)

Pac12- Stabford just lost and Utah took a 2nd loss so probably not

Big 10- Winner of Ohio State/Iowa (probable title game matchup) deserves it

Notre Dame is a possibility

ACC- Clemson controls their destiny but if they lose I don't know

So a Big XII team COULD get in

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I disagree.  IF they run the table and beat TCU and Okie Lite that will give them two more "quality" wins (not sure how much quality there is in Big XII wins).  Looking at the four slots that are available that puts them up against. 

SEC- a lock if Bama wins out (and a big maybe if Florida wins the SEC title game)

Notre Dame should not be in the top 4. Arguably their best win was Temple until Temple lost last night to South Florida by 3 touchdowns. 

If Clemson wins out and wins the ACC they should be in. 

If both Bama and Florida enter Atlanta with 1 loss the winner of that game will be in. 

If Ok St runs the table they deserve to be in. I can't justify putting a 1 loss OU into the top 4. They have the ugliest loss of any top 10 team let alone top 4. It looks like the Big12 really must go to at least 12 so they can have a conference championship game. It would set up a probable showdown of two 1 loss teams and the winner solidifies their spot into the top 4 at 12-1 conference champs. 

The pac 12 is done. 

Undefeated Big10 champ is a lock. 

• Upvote 1

That Houston Memphis game was a good one.  

Rick

One of the best football games I've ever attended. Packed stadium. Crowd was totally into it. Couldn't help but thinking what it would look like if everyone was wearing green. Then I smiled. Then I got sad. Then I stopped thinking about things that make me sad and enjoyed a local team winning something, anything. 

• Upvote 4

How long is the CFP restricted to four teams? I think it should be expanded to 6. Otherwise, unless the Big 12 is rewarded a championship game, the Big 12 champion will have to go undefeated in the regular season to be even considered for playoff contention, unfortunately. Even if Baylor was to have gone undefeated, I think the CFP still try to put four teams ahead of Baylor because they don't want a second-string freshman QB in the playoffs.

None of the teams in the top 4 will get dropped for a one loss OU. Personally, I think Baylor is going to wipe the floor with Oklahoma State, and mess things up for Bedlam. I think TCU will lose to both OU and Baylor. I doubt any of the top four lose down the stretch, but even if one does, Iowa seems to be getting much more respect from the committee then any Big12 team. I still can't understand how a close win over Indiana was "quality" enough to justify moving Iowa from #9 to #5. Seems like the fix is already in.

I think the Big12 gets left out again.

Well didn't Ohio State get into the top 4 with a loss on their record last year?

Well, didn't they play 13 games instead of 12?  Last year the B12 leaders were saying they were informed prior to the season that the lack of a playoff game wouldn't hurt their chances.  Why the hell would they have believed that?  Maybe that they feel those running the system to be trustworthy?

This OU Baylor game is why I love this sport so much!

totally agree...

I too...attended the OU-BU game on Saturday. Two conference mates slugging it out toe to toe...neither team giving up. 

College football...hands down...is my favorite sport to watch...with the tailgating, the bands, the traditions, the cheer squads, the fans, the alumni & the students...it's a lot of fun...when you're competitive...

• Upvote 1

One of the best football games I've ever attended. Packed stadium. Crowd was totally into it. Couldn't help but thinking what it would look like if everyone was wearing green. Then I smiled. Then I got sad. Then I stopped thinking about things that make me sad and enjoyed a local team winning something, anything. 

Well as a little pick me up.  Memphis was terrible for a long long time.  So if they can turn it around so can we.

You may have to kidnap the guy since he is "not a candidate" for the North Texas job.

How many times through out sports history has a coach said "I am not interested in that job and I didnt interview with them" and wound up with them the next year? I am not saying that this is the case with Lincoln Riley but I am just saying. Coaches lie so that they dont distract the team they currently work for

The Big 12-2 has only their own greed to blame for never being considered for the made for TV farce known as the CFP. Just because they don't want to share their television big pie with two more teams they have doomed themselves to never go to the big show. How can you say that Iowa State, Kansas, and probably West Virginia are more deserving of an anointed P 5 berth than U of H, Memphis, or Cincinnati ? Match these G 5 records against the above mentioned Big 12-2 and see what you get! Obvious that being a closed club conference can cost you more in the long run. BTW I challenge that the season before Fry arrived 1972 as I recall was worse than this one. One win against Cincinnati and almost got caught for a safety that would have made it an all loss season. Things can change with attitude and coaching. Fry tied for the MVC championship the next year with probably the worst talent in North Texas history .

• Upvote 3