ASN
---
Saturday
Nov. 28
MinersUTEP Miners
Apogee Stadium, Denton, TX
TimeTBA
FS1/FSN/FCS

So assuming we are 1-4, how would the rest of the season play out?  I know we probably would not be favored in any of the games or maybe UTEP/UTSA.  I just wonder how the rest of the season will play out in terms of our record.  I am thinking a 4 win season is possible with wins against UTEP, UTSA and MUTS as two of them are at home,  So potentially 4-8?  That sure sounds better than 0-12!  We would match last season's record without going down a notch.

Edited by Harry

WKU:  Won't attend.

Marshall:  Might listen.  Probably not

UTSA:  Will probably get a room in Denton that night

Tennessee:  I went to Graceland last year.  I liked it.  Don't judge.

MUTS:  Karl Benson's Sun Belt flagship skill fires from the starboard bow and sinks us

UTEP:  I join 15 other fans on a cold, rainy day the Saturday after Thanksgiving to get our last taste of the turkeys on the sideline

• Upvote 2

Thursday
Oct. 15
HilltoppersWestern Kentucky Hilltoppers
6:30pm CT
CBSSN

Saturday
Oct. 24
Thundering Herdat Marshall Thundering Herd
Joan C. Edwards Stadium, Huntington, WV
2:30pm CT
FCS

Saturday
Oct. 31
RoadrunnersUTSA Roadrunners
6:00pm CT
ASN

Saturday
Nov. 7
Bulldogsat Louisiana Tech Bulldogs
Joe Aillet Stadium, Ruston, LA
2:30pm CT
FCS

Saturday
Nov. 14
Volunteersat Tennessee Volunteers
Neyland Stadium, Knoxville, TN
TBA 
Saturday
Nov. 21
Blue Raidersat Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders
Johnny "Red" Floyd Stadium, Murfreesboro, TN
11:00am CT
ASN
---
Saturday
Nov. 28
MinersUTEP Miners
TimeTBA
FS1/FSN/FCS

So assuming we are 1-4, how would the rest of the season play out?  I know we probably would not be favored in any of the games or maybe UTEP/UTSA.  I just wonder how the rest of the season will play out in terms of our record.  I am thinking a 4 win season is possible with wins against UTEP, UTSA and MUTS as two of them are at home,  So potentially 4-8?  That sure sounds better than 0-12!  We would match last season's record without going down a notch.

I applaud your optimism, but I don't see it happening. If we see 2 or 3 wins this season, I will be amazed.

• Upvote 5

No best case is 4-8.  I do not see us beating La. Tech, Marshall, WKU or Tennessee.

My point is, 4-8 sounds a LOT better than 0-12 or 2-10 etc...

Those are games we can be competitive in, but but unless there is a major change in how we are playing I can't see us winning every game we have a chance in. I don't want to hang zero win season on this school ever so 2-10 is much better to me than 0-12

Edited by KingDL1

I had to think about this for a few minutes before posting. I DO believe in miracles...I DO! Summoning all the optimism I could muster, I couldn't get to 4 - 8 in my head.

I am already on record that we lose this Saturday. I would be so pleased to see us come out and blow them away that I would probably soil myself and leave smiling. :Yes:

If we do win Saturday, I can see 2 - 10; if we don't, it could mean an 0fer.

Sorry for the gloom and doom, but I haven't seen anything to be optimistic about since SMU...and there wasn't much meat on that bone.

• Upvote 1

No best case is 4-8.  I do not see us beating La. Tech, Marshall, WKU or Tennessee.

My point is, 4-8 sounds a LOT better than 0-12 or 2-10 etc...

Harry, I know you are trying to be optimistic, but there ain't no way in hell we beat MTSU on the road.

IF we beat Portland St, we win one of two from either UTEP or Craphole. That is all. 

Unfortunately.

• Upvote 3

I had to think about this for a few minutes before posting. I DO believe in miracles...I DO! Summoning all the optimism I could muster, I couldn't get to 4 - 8 in my head.

I am already on record that we lose this Saturday. I would be so pleased to see us come out and blow them away that I would probably soil myself and leave smiling. :Yes:

Sorry for the gloom and doom, but I haven't seen anything to be optimistic about since SMU...and there wasn't much meat on that bone.

If we don't win we're pretty much done, with the only chances for victory being against the 2 UT step children. That 3 road game stretch in November is an absolute killer.

• Upvote 1

Well let's look at this one game at a time.  I think we beat PSU because of Wilson, after that:

WKU 4-1: Beat Vandy, LaTech Miami (OH) and Rice, Lost to Indiana by 3:  Could be the strongest team in the East.  Looks like a Sure L to me.

@Marshall 4-1: Beat Purdue, norfolk, Kent St, ODU, suprising loss to Ohio.  Second best team in the east, a their place , Sure L.

UTSA 1-4: Beat UTEP, Losses to Arizona, Kan. St, and Colorado St.  Tough early schedule.  This is our second best chance for a win.  Toss Up.

@LaTech 3-2: Beat southern, FIU, ULL.  Loses to WKU and Kan St. Solid CUSA team, probably second tier, but ahead of us.  In Ruston I think this is a very likely L.

@Tennessee 2-3: Beat BGSU and west car.  Losses to OU, Florida, and somehow Ark.  SEC speed and depth.  Sure loss.

@MTSU 2-3: Beat JSU Charlotte, Lost to Alabama, Illinois and Vandy:  Killed the teams they should have, lost to ILL and Vandy by a combined 6 points.  Looks like a tough team to me.  Likely L.

UTEP 2-3: Beat NMSU and Incarnate word.  Losses to Ark, TTech and UTSA.   If we can't beat UTSA this is our best bet for a FBS win this year.  Toss up since it is at home.

• Sure Loses : 3
  • Very Likely L: 1
  • Likely L: 1
  • Toss up: 2

Absolutely everything goes perfect and Wilson runs for 1600 yards then our record is 4-8.

Most Likely: 2-10

Well, shit: 0-12

Edited by Cerebus
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I predicted that we would beat SMU, PSU, UTSA, and UTEP at the beginning of the year, to finish at 4-8. The only caveat was that if we lost to SMU, we probably wouldn't beat another FBS team on our schedule, that Portland State was our one win for the year. Now, even that looks questionable. I think that 2 wins is the ceiling here, but 1-11 seems most likely, with 0-12 very possible, more than 2-10 is, IMO.