There are signs of life for North Texas Football

Harry

There are signs of life for North Texas.
Early in the second quarter, with North Texas leading 3-0, Rice recovered a muffed punt from North Texas and, three plays later, was in the end zone with a 7-3 lead. Sitting on my couch, I’ll admit that I fully expected the Mean Green to crater from there — after all, their showing against SMU in their opener last week did not inspire much confidence. But instead, North Texas QB Andrew McNulty marched the Mean Green down the field, completing 4 of 5 passes (plus getting a big run from Willie Ivery along the way) and capping it with a 33-yard touchdown strike to Carlos Harris to regain the lead. Yes, North Texas lost; yes, the Mean Green’s defense has major issues; and yes, there’s still lots of work to do all-around in Denton. But at least we saw signs of life from the Mean Green, which is a promising sign for the remainder of the season.

read more:  http://www.texasfootball.com/rice-38-north-texas-24-what-we-learned/

very false,

this is all about coaching.  Kinsey should have NEVER attempted to grab that ball. THATS COACHING!!! these Kids need to have consistent coaching on the fundamentals.  I'm not seeing any of this improving.  17 points off of bad special teams play and turnovers. thats the ball game. let that sink in.

Do you think Perry coached Kidsey to make that mistake?  Perry (along with Patrick) is likely the best "coach" we have on staff at the moment.

Y'all,

Enjoy the special teams this year because Perry will likely be gone after this season.  The only reason he wont be is if the team is so atrocious, that he just gets looked over by everyone out there.  He is a VERY GOOD special teams coach.

We shouldn't be a young team in a coaching staffs 5th year. That excuse should never be insinuated again. 

I don't think he was offering it up as an excuse. Having a young team is an obvious recruiting/development issue.

I am also interested in watching dem youts develop for 2016-18. 

Do you think Perry coached Kidsey to make that mistake?  Perry (along with Patrick) is likely the best "coach" we have on staff at the moment.
Y'all,

Enjoy the special teams this year because Perry will likely be gone after this season.  The only reason he wont be is if the team is so atrocious, that he just gets looked over by everyone out there.  He is a VERY GOOD special teams coach.

If I were a coach on this staff I would jump at any piece of bait. They'd be crazy not to. 

• Downvote 1

Y'all,

of course he didn't make Kidsy do that, but we are not seeing any improvement from last year (IN ALL AREAS).

these are kids we are dealing with.  when we don't see improvement, then it falls on the coaching.  remember the UTSA game last year on special teams? Whitfield should have never grabbed that ball.  i'm not seeing any improvement in any areas, and yes, including special teams.  if you want to be the Perry Fan boy, go for it.

of course he didn't make Kidsy do that, but we are not seeing any improvement from last year (IN ALL AREAS).

these are kids we are dealing with.  when we don't see improvement, then it falls on the coaching.  remember the UTSA game last year on special teams? Whitfield should have never grabbed that ball.  i'm not seeing any improvement in any areas, and yes, including special teams.  if you want to be the Perry Fan boy, go for it.

Of course I remember the horrible ending to the UTSA game.   Whitfield was in a great position to make a play on that ball.  I don't hold in in contempt at all for what he did.    He was in a much better position to make a play than Kidsey was on Saturday.

If you listen to any of the opposing coaches talk about UNT, they talk about the strong special teams.    I cant recall many kick/punt returns going to the house or even past the 50 in the past 2-3 years.   Kicking game is great.  Punting game is great.   Special teams is strong.   We have good players there... but we also have good coaching there.

Don't let the failures of the rest of the team jade your view of a bright spot on our team.