At Wisconsin in 2019

BillySee58

1 hour ago, Cerebus said:

Did anyone notice that WKU also singed a deal to play @ Wisconsin?    We'll play there in 2019 for $1.2 million, but WKU is going to be paid $1.35 million.  They also got UW to agree to a home and home in MBB.

More money negotiated...and a return basketball game.  

Nice to see there are still some G5 programs out there who try and fight for a little extra.

Rick

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 3

I don't want any 2-1 deals.  Never a five game home season again. Miserable. 

Six tailgates multiple campouts and 6 wonderful weekends at apogee.  

Yes please.

gmg

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Funny to look back at how many still supported the Hattiesburg Hustler before UNT again became the worst team in college football (for the second or third time in the Hustler's 15 year reign of ineptitude and dishonesty). 

Funny to see the same 2 people hanging in there despite the mountain of evidence clearly shows the desperate need for a new AD at UNT. Friendship apparently is more important than winning to those folks.  

What isn't funny is the dire position the Hattiesburg Hustler has put this program in. 

Only at North Texas.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 9

5 hours ago, UNT90 said:

Funny to look back at how many still supported the Hattiesburg Hustler before UNT again became the worst team in college football (for the second or third time in the Hustler's 15 year reign of ineptitude and dishonesty). 

Funny to see the same 2 people hanging in there despite the mountain of evidence clearly shows the desperate need for a new AD at UNT. Friendship apparently is more important than winning to those folks.  

What isn't funny is the dire position the Hattiesburg Hustler has put this program in. 

Only at North Texas.

Tattooed-Martha-Broken-Record-Ombre-Wall

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 4

It is what it is...

Some posters love the idea of getting to watch us play at home against such giant draws like Texas Southern, Nicholls State, Portland State, Butt Cookman, Incarnate Word, Lamar, and Abilene Christian, since it gives them an excuse to tailgate and watch the beloved Mean Green play in front of thousands of empty sections.

It is what it is...

Some trust the AD to get us 6 home games a year, since we have a brand new stadium, yet in five seasons, we have had two years where we played 5 home games, with the one OOC game being a FCS team. And the only way we get to 6 now is to have a FCS spare come here, including one that just violated us in such awful fashion that we may not recover from that embarrassment for years to come. Don't worry, though, I'm sure that won't happen ever again...

It is what it is...

RV will be here as long as the UNT 17 will keep him around. And, apparently, the "access" he gives them is all they require of him to be their manager of their acquisition. And when he does retire/die, he will get memorialized with the athletic department being named after him in his honor.

It is what it is...

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

On 5/13/2016 at 5:39 PM, risinggreen said:

i think I will order extra cheese on those pizzas tonight. Wisconsin is actually one of three states I've never visited and I hope to make that game.

Things you want to experience in Wisconsin -- cheese curds and the greatness that is a Wisconsin neighborhood tavern.  No bars in any other states are quite the same.

• Upvote 1

On August 13, 2015 at 2:47 PM, greenjoe said:

The last time I was in Wisconsin, the waitress was not familiar with Dr Pepper.  In 2019 many of us, maybe me, will no longer be in attendance at Apogee.  Or anywhere else.  I hope we can schedule some "name brand" teams to play here while I'm still able to walk to my seats. 

Beat the Badgers (I don't think I've ever seen a badger)

GO MEAN GREEN

This made me truly sad when I read it.  For all these people making excuses for RV and the Atheltic Department, this is what it is all about.  If you are not committed to being competitive and bringing a desirable product to the field then why play at this level?  If you not winning at the FBS level or even getting home games with "name brand" opponents you might as well be FCS.   I wish I could do something to fulfill his desire to see a Colorado, Utah, Missouri, Arizona, Arizona St, Kentucky or even Oklahoma St in Denton.

On August 13, 2015 at 3:19 PM, UNTLifer said:

What AD has ever brought better teams to Denton?  What AD has filled up out stadiums consistently?  I bring this up because it just might be more difficult than many of us realize to get teams to Denton. 

No other AD has had Apogee.  No other AD has had the benefit of the unprecedented  growth of the university.  If you haven't been on campus is as little as 6 years you could easily get lost due all the new construction.  Maybe you can't get P5 teams to come to Denton very easily but that is why you make $250,000+ a year.  But if you can't get P5 teams what about good G5 programs?  BYU is independent and would put but in seats at Apogee.  Houston  should have played in Apogee more than once.   What about Fresno State, Colorado State,  San Diego State,  Cincinnati, Memphis, and Hawaii?  All these programs would move the needle a little bit and it is much better than playing a FCS team.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

In Lifer's defense (weird, eh?), those comments were from August, 2015, but it also shows you how recent his "change of heart" occurred. IF 

it's a true change of heart, I appauld Lifer. It takes an honest and intelligent person to chance their beliefs when confronted with info showing they were wrong. 

The comments about scheduling have been debunked by the Hattiesburg Hustler himself, when he told Harry on a fall podcast last season that he would rather play P5s at their place for the whore money. I paraphrase, but the Hattiesburg Hustler's words said this very thing. 

So no, The Hattiesburg Hustler hasn't tried his hardest to bring P5s to Denton. Other AD's get it done, the Hustler doesn't.  Because, by his own words, he doesn't want to. 

FCS program.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 6

Madison is a little strange...for me it was in a good kind of way.  While attending a week-long seminar there many years ago, I was able to drink pretty cheap because I was from Texas. They had tequila behind the bar and the bartender said that nobody ever drank it. He told me they would pour it if I would drink it because they wanted to see what it did to a human being. Also, I was able to see "Behind The Green Door" really cheap at a screening held at the social science building on campus.  They had posters around on light poles advertising it; the showing was part of a program they called "Dirty Ed". TRUTH!

A trip to Madison would be fun for those who have never been there.