UNT hosts Incarnate Word in 2018?

Harry

So enlighten us, how do you propose to fill that giant void of money left behind after we drop the money games? As I am sure you know, RV isn't allowed to operate with a deficit and that revenue is fairly important to the athletic budget. So you have 2 choices, find another million dollar revenue source or cut alot of expenses. What is your proposal?

I have an idea. Read it out loud....

Raise. The. Student. Fee.

This seriously has to happen ASAP or we are going to float further and further into the abyss that is irrelevant college football.

GMG

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I have an idea. Read it out loud....

Raise. The. Student. Fee.

This seriously has to happen ASAP or we are going to float further and further into the abyss that is irrelevant college football.

GMG

I have an idea. Read it out loud...

Donate...More

"But...but oldguy! I can't pay more! I can't afford it! The solution is to unilaterally impose it on the backs of students and increase their debt burdens! I mean, we're gonna need someone to serve Beth Maries at concessions while trying to stay alive, right? Why not North Texas grads mired in impossible debt?"

• Upvote 5

I have an idea. Read it out loud...

Donate...More

"But...but oldguy! I can't pay more! I can't afford it! The solution is to unilaterally impose it on the backs of students and increase their debt burdens! I mean, we're gonna need someone to serve Beth Maries at concessions while trying to stay alive, right? Why not North Texas grads mired in impossible debt?"

Yeah bc a tiny increase in overall tuition costs is going to be a giant burden. It's not as if North Texas is charging a shit ton of money in the first place. We are a very inexpensive school. People just like you is the problem at this university. Be a solution or gtfo.
  • Downvote 4

Yeah bc a tiny increase in overall tuition costs is going to be a giant burden. It's not as if North Texas is charging a shit ton of money in the first place. We are a very inexpensive school. People just like you is the problem at this university. Be a solution or gtfo.

Settle down there, Rambo. No need to get testy.

• Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 1

he literally offered a solution of equal value as you did... your argument is invalid...

• Upvote 2

Donations is a long term solution that takes winning. We need a short term solution that puts us on the same financial table as our conference foes that will put us in a better situation to produce a competent product on the field. More donations would be great, but North Texas athletics is in a very unstable state to expect consistent donations, large or small. The University can only control what it can control and that is finding solutions it is capable of, donations not being one of them.

• Downvote 1

Donations is a long term solution that takes winning. We need a short term solution that puts us on the same financial table as our conference foes that will put us in a better situation to produce a competent product on the field. More donations would be great, but North Texas athletics is in a very unstable state to expect consistent donations, large or small. The University can only control what it can control and that is finding solutions it is capable of, donations not being one of them.

right... because if every alumni of UNT living in the DFW area (only) donated $10 more dollars (only) above their donation from this past year that wouldn't make much difference in teh short term...

who can do ANYTHING with only $2.37 million dollars in one year????

• Upvote 1

Honestly, I had no idea Incarnate Word had a football team. Basketball yes, Football no.

I could see this in year one or two and think we're going the Bill Snyder route. But this will be year 8. If we're still trying to build momentum and going around screaming Hit 6 and all in year 8 then I'd say my '66 Stang is gonna be a damn nice sweet ride by then.

In fact, I might even consider doing the cruise across America event that Hot Rod Magezine puts on each fall.

Rick

So enlighten us, how do you propose to fill that giant void of money left behind after we drop the money games? As I am sure you know, RV isn't allowed to operate with a deficit and that revenue is fairly important to the athletic budget. So you have 2 choices, find another million dollar revenue source or cut alot of expenses. What is your proposal?

Tell RV to get off his a$$ and fundraise to the levels he promised when hired almost 14 yrs ago, not rest on his laurels, (laurels that he had very little to do with since SGA did it then the RV and BOR proceeded eff up the student fee in the legislator; but only at UNT is incompetence and pathetic hiring rewarded) about a new stadium that he has yet to fill fully in 3 seasons, pretty simple.

• Upvote 1

Honestly, I had no idea Incarnate Word had a football team. Basketball yes, Football no.

I could see this in year one or two and think we're going the Bill Snyder route. But this will be year 8. If we're still trying to build momentum and going around screaming Hit 6 and all in year 8 then I'd say my '66 Stang is gonna be a damn nice sweet ride by then.

In fact, I might even consider doing the cruise across America event that Hot Rod Magezine puts on each fall.

Rick

Incarnate Word has Tom Benson backing their athletics. He didn't even go there!

Not THE problem, but if someone is opposed in doing what is best for something then that someone has became a part of the problem. Raising the student fee is in the schools best interest. Oldguy apparently doesn't think that needs to happen and so therefore he has intertwined himself among the problematic. Raising the student fee is detrimental to the athletic programs at this university. I can't make that any clearer. We can try and hope for donations, but at this current stage it is only going to be a hope.

• Downvote 3

Not THE problem, but if someone is opposed in doing what is best for something then that someone has became a part of the problem. Raising the student fee is in the schools best interest. Oldguy apparently doesn't think that needs to happen and so therefore he has intertwined himself among the problematic. Raising the student fee is detrimental to the athletic programs at this university. I can't make that any clearer. We can try and hope for donations, but at this current stage it is only going to be a hope.

Then you have a problem in the AD's office.

Both should be occurring at the same time. It comes down to the fact that athletics are number 1,345,561,667 on this university's priority list.

Actually...to make things clearer, please...what do you believe is the definition of "detrimental"?

• Upvote 4

which-way-choose-bigst.jpg

• Upvote 2

They've had one. They just moved up to D1 (Southland) in both sports last school year.

My guess is that we are Incarnate Word to fans of Alabama, Georgia, Texas, etc.

Difference is, they get 6 other home games, including plenty of premier opponents.