Another great MiniMac performance

H-towngreen

I really don't think we beat FAU- I think they beat themselves- they probably played their worst game of the year.

I think we played okay, but 3 points in the second half?

Disappointed that we didn't see more Dajon

Our passing game needs alot of work- disappointed that we only threw the ball 16 times

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Been saying it for months, but Mac would rather have a QB go 12-16 for 107 1/1 than a QB go 21-30 for 297 3/2. We will win games when we get a great performance from special teams, defense, and the running backs. If we don't, then mark it a L.

Completely agree. As we all know we will not get these types of performances from running backs, defense, and special teams very often

I really don't think we beat FAU- I think they beat themselves- they probably played their worst game of the year.

Our passing game needs alot of work- disappointed that we only threw the ball 16 times

Yeah, defense played well. But this isn't a win that projects great going forward. I also don't get what the heck we're doing with Jeffery Wilson. 1 carry again last night. 2 carries in the last 3 games since he got back from injury. I'm having a hard time wondering why we didn't just apply for the medical redshirt, since his injury occurred in the first 3 games.

Either way, looking forward we have a very navigable division, the rest of this year and beyond. UTEP is improved, but they still are inconsistent and they might take a big hit after Jameil Showers leaves, UTSA might be awful next year, and they probably wouldn't have won more than 4 games last year if not for Soza, and USM has still not completely turned things around. Rice has benefitted from this, and La Tech has actually been a good team that could give Marshall a game in the CUSA championship. They also lose Sokol, who's been a huge reason for this turn around. I see no reason we shouldn't compete for the west next year and should probably be in the hunt every year.

Give the team some credit... defense basically dominated this game... oyr dline was in their backfield all night, good d is what won this game... some of yall fans need to be more fans then haters... just like the umteen thousand douches on the hill for the whole game... great job mean green comin out and playing for your season.
  • Upvote 5

We won didn't we? Just checkin'.

By all means, be happy. But, analyzing things from a football perspective, it's kind of like the SMU win or the UTEP win last year. We out-Mccarney'd those teams but our passing game left some question marks. We lost the next game in each situation, mainly because we still couldn't pass the ball.

The good thing is, our defense looks as good as it has all year and we are leaning on the run, as we should. If that keeps up, we'll have a chance in each of the rest of our three games. If our passing game improves as well, we may win out.

Edited by BillySee58

Been saying it for months, but Mac would rather have a QB go 12-16 for 107 1/1 than a QB go 21-30 for 297 3/2. We will win games when we get a great performance from special teams, defense, and the running backs. If we don't, then mark it a L.

Tell me which QB on the roster currently is capable of consistently putting up those numbers?

If McNulty ends up being DT Version 2 for the rest of this year and next season I will take that over what I've seen from Greer and DW this season.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Just to keep the facts straight, we scored 10 points in the second half.

Let's see who will be honest

If DW had started and put up the same number and we won there would be message after message saying "See, he should have been in the whole time".

As the old saying goes Haters going to Hate :sign0065:

If all things are equal right now, Id rather have the QB who has the much higher ceiling and has 3 more years left. Where was this bus driver play calling when DW was in??

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

McNulty had a solid performance. I thought his overall play was very good sans the interception, a ball he should never have thrown. Mac is a conservative football coach, not going to change. He gets a lead, he is going to play very low risk football.

A ball he should have never thrown? Harris had his man beat if Mcnulty would have had a string arm it would have been a TD.

We are so limited in our offense with MiniMac. His ball takes all day to get there on out routes. He almost had two picked last night. He makes the same damn mistakes Dajon made and doesn't get yanked. A good defense shuts us down. Look at the second half of the last two games. Defenses see that we throw along the line of scrimmage or run short routes, so they jam everyone close to the line. Hence, we've done jack shit in the second half of the last two games. All these other major programs let their best talent get the experience and live with the mistakes(golsten ND).

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

It was nice to get the win but I have trouble getting excited going forward. In the passing game, yes we were 12/16 for 107 yards, but we only threw 3 vertical balls all game! 1 for a TD which was a nice ball across the middle. The 2nd was a pick and the 3rd was incomplete. The balance of our passing game was to take the snap and throw right or left with no reads to a pre determined WR. That will not fly against any team that is good. FAU was terrible. They had very pour defense and yet our last 8 series were 5 punts, an interception, a FG on a fumble recovery on the 30 and a TD on a pick returned to the 15 yard line. Our RB's looked very good and really pound the ball for us and should continue to serve us well going forward. On the defense side of the ball I am not sure, FAU did not have a QB! He looked more like a full back trying to play QB as he did not read and could not throw the ball accurate. (although his TD was a great throw and I wonder where they came from). The game plan reminded me of our first several games as just run the ball between the tackles and hope for the best. On to UTEP.

Edited by Sthenos
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1