Let's keep our wits about us here now

Harry

A lot of emotions flowing from all sides after a very difficult loss. Let's start to regroup.

I just got an email from KingDL1 which he customarily sends out inviting people to his tailgate. It struck me that is what makes a good fan, keep up the faith even despite your own personal frustrations. Keep working to expose others to the games and tailgating etc... help build this thing even when the on the field results sort of suck.

Opinions are fine, in fact to me it means you care. But let's tone down some of the fire this guy and fire that guy crap. This team and coaches won a bowl game last year. We should cut them some slack and give them the opportunity to turn things around. GMG

people have to also look at a program like UT who is struggling right now with a similar qb problem. They haven't found the 'one' since McCoy left, and they are the richest school in the land. How we thought we wouldn't take a step back with the defensive losses was silly. Our O-line has not been good this year, and they were supposed to be our anchor. Lemon is too slow to play tackle and needs to move to his more natural position. I think our lineman are way overweight for the offense we are trying to run right now. Maybe rebuilding the line next year with fresh faces won't be such a daunting task as originally thought.

• Upvote 3

A lot of emotions flowing from all sides after a very difficult loss. Let's start to regroup.

I just got an email from KingDL1 which he customarily sends out inviting people to his tailgate. It struck me that is what makes a good fan, keep up the faith even despite your own personal frustrations. Keep working to expose others to the games and tailgating etc... help build this thing even when the on the field results sort of suck.

Opinions are fine, in fact to me it means you care. But let's tone down some of the fire this guy and fire that guy crap. This team and coaches won a bowl game last year. We should cut them some slack and give them the opportunity to turn things around. GMG

you must be new here...

• Upvote 7

McCarneys comments were excuses and insulting. It was not a motivational scream at his players, it was a bitch slap to our faces. I was always hesitant about this dude and now I am downright ready for him to be gone. With that said, GMG and beat Southern Piss.

HSOs and a sports humorist!

• Upvote 1

It is amazing how some forget how great it was last year after foraging in the wilderness of football for 10 years. As stated previously. No team has a great year every year. There are ups and downs. Next year will be better. This is not a Dodge coached team and coach Mack will right the ship. A lot of you will be very surprised next year. This is growing pains this year.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I hope you're right, Don. QB and DL situation aren't just going to fix itself though. DL has been under recruited more than I thought going into this season. I knew the recruiting wasn't great at DL, but I was hoping for LB's to stem to allow the DL to develop as the season progressed. Neither has taken place. Points of priority in the offseason..

1. Fire Canales

2. Bring in an every down 300lb tackle. (Juco)

3. Develop 1 QB to be ready to start all 12 games next year.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

It is amazing how some forget how great it was last year after foraging in the wilderness of football for 10 years. As stated previously. No team has a great year every year. There are ups and downs. Next year will be better. This is not a Dodge coached team and coach Mack will right the ship. A lot of you will be very surprised next year. This is growing pains this year.

Last year was great! But if you think next year will be our rebound year, you're not looking at it logically.

If you have insight into something the rest of us don't, be happy. Otherwise, you have a ton of faith. This roster will go through a ton of turnover (graduation) after 2014.

• Upvote 1

Excellent thoughts Harry!