Defensive line leads charge for surging Mean Green

Harry

In the Mean Green football team’s 41-7 win against the University of Texas-El Paso on Saturday, the UNT defense held an opponent to 16 points or fewer for the fifth straight game. But in particular, it was a breakout game for the defensive line.

The Mean Green defense finished the game with eight sacks – a UNT single-game record. But in a season where the UNT defense is ranked among the top teams in the nation, the defensive line still feels like it’s being overlooked.

“That’s what drives me personally,” senior defensive end Aaron Bellazin said. “I play with a chip on my shoulder every Saturday.”

The defensive line has become the forefront of the system that has helped UNT win seven games and become bowl eligible for the first time in nine years. The UNT defense allows an average of 18.6 points per game, tied for the 11th fewest points allowed in the nation.

“Obviously, it all starts up front,” head coach Dan McCarney said. “To control the game, we need to be strong on the line.”

Read more: http://ntdaily.com/defensive-line-leads-charge-for-surging-mean-green-football-team/

They did actually do a whole article on him in the paper. And if anyone has watched the preview for "Beyond the Green" Episode 10, it looks like they'll be making a big deal out of it there as well.

Great!

• Upvote 1